• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official phone release date thread

While some of us wait for our new toy to arrive, check out this video to wet your appetites.

The phone looks amazing. Very fast and responsive...it just makes the wait even harder ;)

YouTube - Probando el Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

Interesting video! I loved his attempt to use "Pinch to zoom"! Not on this phone, my friend!

More importantly, the screen on the Nexus and iPhone are so much brighter. I wonder if that X10 just had it's brightness turned down? Also, one nice feature on the Nexus, was that when the internet website loaded, it was sized to the screen.

Upvote 0
MobileSyrup.com posted the following today:
"Rogers sent out an e-mail last week with an update that the “Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is almost here” and said we’ll be able to pre-order their newest Android device soon.

We have a quick update and have been informed that the X10 will be priced at $549.99 without a contract and $149.99 on a 3-year contract. Also, the rumour floating around about the launch date is set between the April 7th and 14th."

Upvote 0
Got mine from Expansys this morning... its the EU sim-free version and no MW600... only a leather pouch... but Im really impressed with this phone :D

Glad it survived the crossing from France :)

No word on mine still...getting twitchy now, don't know how longer I can last...

Does it already have a screen protector on it, as have read elsewhere that the glass screen has a kind of plastic protector on it that some people have removed in error???

Look forward to hearing what you think of the phone :)

Upvote 0
Interesting video! I loved his attempt to use "Pinch to zoom"! Not on this phone, my friend!

More importantly, the screen on the Nexus and iPhone are so much brighter. I wonder if that X10 just had it's brightness turned down? Also, one nice feature on the Nexus, was that when the internet website loaded, it was sized to the screen.

MY X10 and an iPhone 3GS are side-by-side here and I can tell it's the gamma: it's jacked all the way up on the iPhone. There's nothing wrong with the X10, perfectly clear and contrasted, with very nice colors, and, of course, amazingly detailed with its much higher resolution.
My opinion is that overall X10 is a lot nicer than iPhone's washed-out, gamma-over-the-top display.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info Redesignni

A little longer to wait for me...I sent mobiles.co.uk an email as the person I spoke to last night had the tone in his voice that he couldn't be bothered to help me. Just got this reply :

"Hello,

I can confirm this handset is in stock however unfortunately as it is a bank holiday. Your handset will be processed for delivery on Tuesday for you.

Thank you for your patience."

...gonna have to stay drunk this bank holiday weekend to keep my mind off my new toy ;).

Hope you guys will leave lots of feedback to keep my going until Tuesday :p

Upvote 0
Ive been playing with this handset for a few hours and gotta say that screen is BEAUTIFUL... everything is so crisp, the response is amazing, no issues with the keyboard missing inputs. Took me a bit to get the Orange UK Internet settings but once done I sync everything for Timescape and work brilliant. Anyone buying this phone will not be disappointed.

Oh Kersy, it looks like there is a 3rd Screenprotector on the screen already.

Upvote 0
...Oh Kersy, it looks like there is a 3rd Screenprotector on the screen already.

I've heard this 3rd screen protector isn't supposed to be removed as it's actually part of the screen. Have read somewhere that people have been removing this in error or even putting another screen protector on top of it!!!

Glad you're enjoying the phone...really can't wait fo mine now.

Out of curiosity has is got the latest fimware or is there a more recent update available via the SE update tool??

Upvote 0
There is no additional protective film and the 3rd screen protector actually looks like its part of the screen until you look more closely and see the edges. Its got the latest firmware, no updates available from Sony Ericsson. The first thing youll notice when you open the box is the size of the phone... its about the same as the iPhone 3GS but it seems lighter than the 3GS as I have both...

Upvote 0
Oh man...I had expected that the phone would cost much much, considering it's almost 500euro out of contract, but I would guess that the phone doesn't come with the MW600 bluetooth earphones, lol. Now I am soooo indecisive between the X10 and N1 *sigh* >_<

Ya, I'd be very surprised if it comes with the MW600 through Rogers (especially since their "coming soon" pre-order page lists the MW600 as an "The Perfect Accessory". However, according to the email that accompanied that page it will be coming with a 16GB MicroSD card, so at least there's that. And if the $550 price is true, it definitely evens things out.

Upvote 0
There is no additional protective film and the 3rd screen protector actually looks like its part of the screen until you look more closely and see the edges. Its got the latest firmware, no updates available from Sony Ericsson. The first thing youll notice when you open the box is the size of the phone... its about the same as the iPhone 3GS but it seems lighter than the 3GS as I have both...

It may be a silly queston but do you think a screen protector should go on top of the current one or could it be easily removed if it got scratched (even though it's suppose to be scratch resistant) and replaced with one supplied in the box??

Upvote 0
MY X10 and an iPhone 3GS are side-by-side here and I can tell it's the gamma: it's jacked all the way up on the iPhone. There's nothing wrong with the X10, perfectly clear and contrasted, with very nice colors, and, of course, amazingly detailed with its much higher resolution.
My opinion is that overall X10 is a lot nicer than iPhone's washed-out, gamma-over-the-top display.

Good to hear, Kamm. I just got confirmation from SonyEricssonNA via Twitter that the screen is only 65K color capable, so it's nice to know that despite that limitation the display is still of excellent quality.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info Redesignni

A little longer to wait for me...I sent mobiles.co.uk an email as the person I spoke to last night had the tone in his voice that he couldn't be bothered to help me. Just got this reply :

"Hello,

I can confirm this handset is in stock however unfortunately as it is a bank holiday. Your handset will be processed for delivery on Tuesday for you.

Thank you for your patience."

...gonna have to stay drunk this bank holiday weekend to keep my mind off my new toy ;).

Hope you guys will leave lots of feedback to keep my going until Tuesday :p

Still hassling mobiles.co.uk to see when they are shipping my phone. They could have done it today as there is a postal service but the person I spoke to now said I'll have it Wednesday and not tuesday as stated in the email :mad:

Upvote 0
Still hassling mobiles.co.uk to see when they are shipping my phone. They could have done it today as there is a postal service but the person I spoke to now said I'll have it Wednesday and not tuesday as stated in the email :mad:

The torment continues...have hassled mobiles.co.uk again this morning via email to confirm that the phone will be shipped today for tomorrow, only to received an email back asking me to contact them as the tariff I originally chose is no longer available...what bothers me is when they would have contacted me to let me know. If I wasn't so pushy this could have gone on for weeks :mad::mad::mad:

Am very tempted to pop into the Orange shop to pick it up but don't want the orange software on it.

Upvote 0
The torment continues...have hassled mobiles.co.uk again this morning via email to confirm that the phone will be shipped today for tomorrow, only to received an email back asking me to contact them as the tariff I originally chose is no longer available...what bothers me is when they would have contacted me to let me know. If I wasn't so pushy this could have gone on for weeks :mad::mad::mad:

Am very tempted to pop into the Orange shop to pick it up but don't want the orange software on it.

Mate, that sucks!

I got mine on O2 from The Carphone Warehouse and there is no O2 branding / software on it at all. If you're desperate, worth trying them! :)

Upvote 0
Mate, that sucks!

I got mine on O2 from The Carphone Warehouse and there is no O2 branding / software on it at all. If you're desperate, worth trying them! :)

Just managed to speak to someone who explained that Orange have changed the tariffs hence the one I chose wasn't available anymore...managed to find a suitable tariff and have been promised delivery for tomorrow.

Not going to set my mind on it coming but am gonna be really p***ed if it doesn't :mad:

I did look around for an equivalent deal in both Carphone Warehouse and Phones 4 U on Orange but no good. Have to stick with Orange because where I am I can't get a signal on O2 whereas Vodafone or T-mobile would be taking a change...don't want to sign up for for an 18 month contract to find I can't get a good reception :p

Update: Just had an email to say the phone is at the warehouse to be shipped tonight for delivery tomorrow...really looking forward after the wait. Have also ordered the MW600 headset from Play.com for

Upvote 0
Just managed to speak to someone who explained that Orange have changed the tariffs hence the one I chose wasn't available anymore...managed to find a suitable tariff and have been promised delivery for tomorrow.

Not going to set my mind on it coming but am gonna be really p***ed if it doesn't :mad:

I did look around for an equivalent deal in both Carphone Warehouse and Phones 4 U on Orange but no good. Have to stick with Orange because where I am I can't get a signal on O2 whereas Vodafone or T-mobile would be taking a change...don't want to sign up for for an 18 month contract to find I can't get a good reception :p

Fingers crossed for tomorrow mate! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones