• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Official restore with dl mode?

Result using the recommended drivers, still status 2. I don't know where this 'after 15 minutes' is coming from because the whole process fails after just under 4! asmugone, please get a hold of me to arrange a remote session! I don't want to use my crappy backup phone anymore! :(

Attached the beginning and end of the log file. Hope someone can see where this is going wrong!

Attachments

• fail.jpg
    fail.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 257
  • LS740_COM41.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 549
Upvote 0
Result using the recommended drivers, still status 2. I don't know where this 'after 15 minutes' is coming from because the whole process fails after just under 4! asmugone, please get a hold of me to arrange a remote session! I don't want to use my crappy backup phone anymore! :(

Attached the beginning and end of the log file. Hope someone can see where this is going wrong!

Try installing LG PC Suite and updating the drivers from within. Maybe, there are drivers available through the program that aren't released as a united driver pack yet.

Upvote 0
OMG! So I noticed that in the last screenshot it seemed to be implying that it failed to change the status because the phone had completed a factory boot. So, out of pure desperation, I waited for it to get to 99% flash on the phone and started holding Vol+ hoping it would reboot straight into download mode. When the LG logo came up, I held down power too to attempt to prevent it from getting to the mini os screen. When it rebooted, it went to a different factory data reset screen. I told it to do it, and now it rebooted like nothing was ever wrong! Phone fixed! I have no clue as to why it worked differently then what asmugone said, but I have my phone back! Hooray for desperately smashing buttons!

Upvote 0
OMG! So I noticed that in the last screenshot it seemed to be implying that it failed to change the status because the phone had completed a factory boot. So, out of pure desperation, I waited for it to get to 99% flash on the phone and started holding Vol+ hoping it would reboot straight into download mode. When the LG logo came up, I held down power too to attempt to prevent it from getting to the mini os screen. When it rebooted, it went to a different factory data reset screen. I told it to do it, and now it rebooted like nothing was ever wrong! Phone fixed! I have no clue as to why it worked differently then what asmugone said, but I have my phone back! Hooray for desperately smashing buttons!

That's awesome you have your phone back!!!

Retrace steps and start a clear guide the best you can :)

Upvote 0
Especially since I just ordered a case for it too, lol.

There's not much to retrace. Just run the flash tool and when it reboots, hold Vol+ and Power as soon as the LG logo comes up until it pops up with the Reset Factory Data screen and say Yes, then confirm. I can write up a more precise one later.

Interestingly, I've lost the Boost startup and shutdown animations. It just plays a default LG one. :p

That's kewl, Hey it's custom :)

Reactions: mjhealy1978
Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to restore the phone when the screen won't turn on? I try to push every button on the phone and it will not turn on. However, when I plug it into my laptop. The phone shows up as a removable disk with two folders that have some files in them. That is all that shows up, nothing else happens. I cannot get the phone into download mode.

EDIT: Well, if I unplug the battery and plug in the USB cable, it shows a screen showing the battery is disconnected. I cannot get past this part.... :-/

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to restore the phone when the screen won't turn on? I try to push every button on the phone and it will not turn on. However, when I plug it into my laptop. The phone shows up as a removable disk with two folders that have some files in them. That is all that shows up, nothing else happens. I cannot get the phone into download mode.

EDIT: Well, if I unplug the battery and plug in the USB cable, it shows a screen showing the battery is disconnected. I cannot get past this part.... :-/
What files do the folders contain?? I haven't tried this but I imagine that would be useful info

Upvote 0
What files do the folders contain?? I haven't tried this but I imagine that would be useful info
I will upload them as soon as my phone gets unbricked. I cannot waste my friend's data on his phone because he only gets 3GB of tethering and he can't bypass it.

Alright, I've tried pressing the Vol + and power, still nothing. Going to try every key combination I can. If I plug the phone into my PC I get an empty battery icon with a yellow triangle with a question mark next to it. If I put the battery back in. The screen shuts off and the removable media pops up again with the two folders i've been talking about. HOPEFULLY I can get this unbricked. I don't have the money to buy another one and I rely on my phone for the internet.

I just installed adb and It can't find my device. However, device manager finds the phone as LGE AndroidNetUSB Serial Port COM3. I have no clue what to do now.... :-/

Well, I just got the LG Flash Tool to semi recognize it. It shows up after I unplug it and plug it back in. But it just fails at Model Check Information.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones