OK I should know this but...Support

Last Updated:

1. turbomentor

turbomentor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

New to Android, not new to smartphones. My BB Storm didn't have WiFi though which is the root of my question.

How do I know which system DINC is using to access internet at any given time? For example, if I am at home connected via WiFi is my DINC using WiFi or 3G to connect to the internet? Also, when my DINC synchs up my accts (Facebook, Weatherbug, Native Weather App, Gmail and Mail) is it using 3G or WiFI? Can I set a preferred connection somewhere? I've looked, but can't seem to find something like that.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

If connected to wifi, cell data (3G) is disabled, period...

Wifi can be on (but not connected to a network), then it will use cell data.

3. turbomentor

turbomentor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks.

So if WiFi is ON and CONNECTED than 3G is a no go (for internet, widgets, sync etc?). Good to know.

4. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

Yeah, it seems to work that way, kinda of annoying sometimes. I walked to work and when I came in range of the WiFi my streaming music cut off. The wifi connected but we have a "re-director" that makes you sign in....

5. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

Yes.A Wifi connection trumps the mobile network. There are certain apps/tasks that can choke do to this occasionally, so if you run into a connection issue, turn wifi off and the mobile network will take over.