• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ok, several questions about my nootered Nook

A.Nonymous

Extreme Android User
Jun 7, 2010
Well, I've had my nootered Nook since Saturday and have been playing with it. I ran into a few issues, but I think I have ironed out most of them. I still have a few issues that I need help with.

1. Can't load all my Kindle books - I can load the Kindle app and go into Archive and download my books. I get a message when I try to open the book that it's corrupted and I need to remove it and try to download again. When I remove it and download again, I get the same error. This doesn't happen with all my Kindle books, but just with some of them. I can't seem to find the common denominator. All of these books work just fine on my Kindle and my Kindle app on my phone, but not on the NC.
2. Can't play flash. :( - Yes, I know this is a limitation of 2.1. Any way around this? I'm guessing no until 2.2 comes out.
3. Can't reliably stream AVI from computer to Nook - I tried VLC streaming app. The app works really, really well except that it displays all video as 4"x4". I can't get it to go full screen. Are there apps that will output the video to full screen? If it's grainy, it's grainy, I just want it full screen over my wireless network.
4. Can't seem to mount the Nook internal storage. - I plug into my computer and the card mounts. I see the internal storage briefly, but then it goes away.

Any ideas on how I can fix any of these? #1 and #3 are probably the most important to me.

honestly i have never tried 1 and 3 so i cant help you.

For flash, you can either flash Nookie Froyo to your nook or burn it to an sd card and boot off that, leaving the internal memory untouched

I dont understand why when you plug your NC in, you would see its internal storage show up but then disappears. Is there a program you have that unmounts things automatically? Thats a new one on me

Upvote 0
I figured out #1. I had to uninstall and re-install the app and it worked. No clue why this worked, but it did. #3 I kind of sort of fixed. I can get streaming video, but the audio is often off by just a hair. I tweaked with some settings and got it to stay in sync, but it loads completely black and plays nothing at all for 30-45 seconds at the beginning of the video. #4 is still a problem. Sometimes the internal memory mounts and sometimes it doesn't. Usually it doesn't.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones