• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ok...what is up with THESE forums anyway??

Curtis1973

Android Expert
Jul 1, 2012
Greenville,SC USA
:mad:

upload a profile pic,wont display. get a message about not enough posts. how many do you need anyway? a thousand? unreal. and the forums app needs a lot of improvements. it just doesnt seem to get the job done. wont remember subscribed threads,marking a favorite seems to have no effect. and its full of bloat i dont need or care to use. i use the forums. not all that other stuff. maybe a forums only application is in order vs an all around do it all gizmo app that really does nothing in the end.

:mad:

upload a profile pic,wont display. get a message about not enough posts. how many do you need anyway? a thousand? unreal. and the forums app needs a lot of improvements. it just doesnt seem to get the job done. wont remember subscribed threads,marking a favorite seems to have no effect. and its full of bloat i dont need or care to use. i use the forums. not all that other stuff. maybe a forums only application is in order vs an all around do it all gizmo app that really does nothing in the end.

You need to use the option to upload an avatar in the User CP, rather than a profile picture, as they are separate things. However, I've gone and swapped it around for you.

Some areas of the forum require 25 posts to post in. Adding a signature requires the same. I assure you that we have good reason for those restrictions and they are not bugs ;)

Updated subscribed threads are listed in your User CP. Just below that list is View All Subscribed Threads. Which shows you all of them. If you edit your subcription options here, you'll be able to have to to subscribe to every thread you post in. And you can manually sububscribe to threads without posting using the 'Thread Tools' dropdown menu above the top post.

Favourite forums will show up in a box to the left of the androidforums.com homepage. They simply act as a shortcut to make it easier to access your regular forums. You'll also see a link to view All unread posts in your favourite forums, which is a very handy tool.

As for the forum app. Yep, it's crap. We're well on our way to fixing that problem, but we'll just have to ask for your patience there :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones