• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Old emails coming back to the phone FRUSTRATING!!

stepprichard

Lurker
Jan 10, 2010
Hello trying to help a friend with her email on her droid she currently has a (smtp) email set up on her phone. The problem is all old emails are continuously coming back to the device! she has deleted them both from the phone also from a regular pc and they come back still....I looked into the app called (k9) however it doesnt look like it supports smtp only Imap and pop3. I dont know enough to help her, Im hoping someone on this forum can help me like u folks have in the past.

I was very frustrated by this so I found a great solution. I went to gmail from my PC and set it up to have all my hotmail forwarded to gmail. Then instead of using the the email app on my droid, I use the gmail app on my droid. No more problem with the email reappearing after I delete it.

^This...

The email app on the Droid is crap... This is a Google phone, so it is going to concentrate on the Gmail app, the email app was thrown on there as a bonus and it isn't very well thought out.

Seriously you already have to have a gmail account to use this phone, go to the Gmail site and check out all it can do. It has the options to be the only email client that you need. And it is MEANT to work seamlessly with the Droid...

Upvote 0
>>Seriously you already have to have a gmail account to use this phone, go to the Gmail site and check out all it can do. It has the options to be the only email client that you need. And it is MEANT to work seamlessly with the Droid...<<

I find the handling and accessing of "contacts" to be cumbersome using G-Mail. My primary email addres is via Comcast, and I'm not anxious to make a change. However, if I knew I could access G-Mail using Eudora 7.0 I might reconsider. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones