Old emails coming back to the phone FRUSTRATING!!

Last Updated:

1. stepprichard

stepprichard Member This Topic's Starter

Hello trying to help a friend with her email on her droid she currently has a (smtp) email set up on her phone. The problem is all old emails are continuously coming back to the device! she has deleted them both from the phone also from a regular pc and they come back still....I looked into the app called (k9) however it doesnt look like it supports smtp only Imap and pop3. I dont know enough to help her, Im hoping someone on this forum can help me like u folks have in the past.

Advertisement
  2. sch911

sch911 Well-Known Member

smtp is a mail send protocol, and is used with both Pop and IMAP mail systems.

Her mail is either Pop or IMAP, but not smtp....

3. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I've had that problem, but it goes away if I delete them via pc. Would K9 eliminate that problem with a pop3 account?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I was very frustrated by this so I found a great solution. I went to gmail from my PC and set it up to have all my hotmail forwarded to gmail. Then instead of using the the email app on my droid, I use the gmail app on my droid. No more problem with the email reappearing after I delete it.

5. famac!

famac! Well-Known Member

Check the sig and star the issue. POP3 is a mess on our phones.

6. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

Does IMAP work better?

7. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

^This...

The email app on the Droid is crap... This is a Google phone, so it is going to concentrate on the Gmail app, the email app was thrown on there as a bonus and it isn't very well thought out.

Seriously you already have to have a gmail account to use this phone, go to the Gmail site and check out all it can do. It has the options to be the only email client that you need. And it is MEANT to work seamlessly with the Droid...

8. rut3556

rut3556 New Member

>>Seriously you already have to have a gmail account to use this phone, go to the Gmail site and check out all it can do. It has the options to be the only email client that you need. And it is MEANT to work seamlessly with the Droid...<<

I find the handling and accessing of "contacts" to be cumbersome using G-Mail. My primary email addres is via Comcast, and I'm not anxious to make a change. However, if I knew I could access G-Mail using Eudora 7.0 I might reconsider. :(

9. soaks03

soaks03 Member

Okay, so I have a Godaddy account and I keep getting all the emails that I delete back again. This is really starting to PISS me off. I am not liking all the stupid little quirks this phone has. It's starting to remind me of Microsoft Mobile!!!!!!