• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help On-Screen Keyboard Lags Horribly (Horizontal)

eric3312

Nov 16, 2010
Good afternoon, everyone. My name is Eric and I am a Droid newbie and a forum newbie as well, so please bare with me.

I have been thoroughly enjoying my Droid 2 and all of its features. I have just now started getting better at typing with a QWERTY keyboard.

However, I find that my On-Screen Keyboard (Horizontal) lags behind my typing skills and I have to SLOW DOWN when I type. I thought that the new Droid phones were supposed to have very fast processors that could handle this?

I am not even typing as fast the average text messaging junkie, but just at a moderate, comfortable speed.

I did recently install the Facebook APP and the latest version of SOMETHING from my carrier, Verizon.

If anyone knows of why this problem might be occurring, I would genuinely appreciate an answer.

Would clearing up my home screen fix it?

I do have Advanced Task Killer, and use it frequently.

Thank you very much.

Eric

UPDATE: Removed Advanced Task Killer, and took the battery out for 10 minutes or so while phone was powered down. Turned back on, and it's only a LITTLE better.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones