One Click Rooting

Last Updated:

1. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

Android Guys are reporting that the "one click" root program is no avaliable for the N1 (Universal One-Click Root Now Available for Nexus One | AndroidGuys). Can anyone confirm that this does indeed work without unlocking your boot-loader? My N1 is currently un-rooted and I think I am finally ready to root this phone. My biggest concern has always been that I don't have a good understanding of the root process and I didn't want to mess anything up. If this program really is "one click" then it seems like it's a no brainer. If I do go through with this "one click" root can I just follow the regular instructions to install cyanogen (I would like the ability to record HD)? Also do I still need to revert to an earlier build (running FRF91) to install cyanogen?

Advertisement
  2. improper burial

improper burial New Member

I can only answer your first question, but yes the 1 click root app found in the androidguys article works. I just rooted mine. All you do is dl the app, click root and you're rooted. As for the cyanogen install, I'm not sure, but it should be the same, hopefully somebody more knowledgeable in that subject can chime in.

Mostly Harmless likes this.
  3. rugmankc

rugmankc Well-Known Member

After rooted you must install a recovery manager like Amon Ra or Rom Manager. You can Google them for info. Rom Manager is on the Market.

Ken

Mostly Harmless likes this.
  4. VMX

VMX Well-Known Member

sweet

5. VMX

VMX Well-Known Member

Sorry if this is noob like and dumb but Im soo confused. I go to DL the .apk and its unsuccessful. I download it to my laptop and copy it to my phone and then I have no idea where to find the file? Can someone help me?

6. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Well that depends where you copied it to. Use a file explorer to locate the .apk on the SD card, opening the app should bring up the installer (at least that's what I always did with astro).
    You have to allow non market apps too in settings>applications

7. dvandam

dvandam Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this works completely. I ran this on my N1, and was able to install apps like Rom Manager and SetCPU, but I was not able to run Titanium Backup (which told me I did NOT have root access.) In addition, I can't seem to boot into my ClockWorkMod Recovery. Anyone else having similar problems?

8. Selespeed

Selespeed Well-Known Member

Yep, doesn't seem to be working for me either.
    I tried a custom rom from within rom manager and also a rom downloaded to sd card, neither loaded just got the triangle and ! after rebooting

9. dvandam

dvandam Well-Known Member

Which version did you use? I used 1.5.3 on an AT&T N1. Apparently they have released a new version since then.

10. Selespeed

Selespeed Well-Known Member

I ended up trying both versions, i'm not that bothered about rooting, to be honest the only reason i wanted to was to get a black notification bar.....