• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help One more thread about battery life ;p

cakelady

Jul 30, 2010
South
When I am at home I have reasonable battery life. BUT, at work there is poor reception so my battery barely makes it 8 hours after a full charge. I have a 1700 battery. I shut down auto refresh, I stop wireless services, but my battery sips dry quickly night after night. I would like to be able to keep it out of airplane mode as I still get sms and calls from family. Any suggestions from you battery wizzes?

Thanks

When I am at home I have reasonable battery life. BUT, at work there is poor reception so my battery barely makes it 8 hours after a full charge. I have a 1700 battery. I shut down auto refresh, I stop wireless services, but my battery sips dry quickly night after night. I would like to be able to keep it out of airplane mode as I still get sms and calls from family. Any suggestions from you battery wizzes?

Thanks

charge it at work...

Or buy an external charge and swap out batteries as needed.

Upvote 0
I'm entirely impressed with my battery today. I usually bump charge at 7am, turn it on around 7:30am and it lasts me through the day, about 16 hours with about 2-3 hours of use. It's usually around 30-40% when I put it back on the charger at 11pm. Last night my phone was fully charged (bump charged) around 11pm. Being the weekend I decided to leave it overnight and see where it is in the morning. 3G was on all night and it was at 90% at 10am (11 hours later) when I picked it up. Switched over to wi-fi at that point. It has just over 2 hours of awake time now and is at 23 hours with 50 percent of the battery left. Using stock battery. Love this phone =D I will note though, I didn't use YouTube today and I usually do and I know it uses up more battery than most of my other apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones