• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

One reason why the N1 is not a typical phone

Because on the order page on Google's site, it says for Verizon (which is coming soon): "Can't wait for your Verizon Nexus One? Click here [to get a Droid]".
So it seems Google could care less about the actual phone... just buy something Android! It really makes you wonder why they put out a phone at all.

untitled.JPG

ALSO, why does it claim 2.1 is Eclair? I thought it was known as Flan? And 2.0 was Eclair? I'm confused.
untitled2.JPG

-john

Because on the order page on Google's site, it says for Verizon (which is coming soon): "Can't wait for your Verizon Nexus One? Click here [to get a Droid]".
So it seems Google could care less about the actual phone... just buy something Android! It really makes you wonder why they put out a phone at all.

untitled.JPG

ALSO, why does it claim 2.1 is Eclair? I thought it was known as Flan? And 2.0 was Eclair? I'm confused.
untitled2.JPG

-john

Because Google didn't. Unlike the Google employee models the retail models are branded by HTC. Hence its a HTC phone and not a Google phone. Also Google played a big part in the Droid's development.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones