• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OnePlus One availability detailed

They should require you to agree not to resell. In fact, they should give those of us who intend to keep it the places in the front of the queque.
I'm sure if there was any way of guaranteeing that they would, but how could they enforce it?

And if you were in the sellers position it would be hard to argue against not selling it for that price.

What makes the O+O special is its retail price. If you could buy it for X, sell it for 3-4 times X and buy literally any other phone in the market and still come out ahead... I think you'd be crazy not to.

There's just no way I can think of for them to stop the "black market" sales when they've made it as hard to come by as they have.

Upvote 0
I'm sure if there was any way of guaranteeing that they would, but how could they enforce it?

And if you were in the sellers position it would be hard to argue against not selling it for that price.

What makes the O+O special is its retail price. If you could buy it for X, sell it for 3-4 times X and buy literally any other phone in the market and still come out ahead... I think you'd be crazy not to.

There's just no way I can think of for them to stop the "black market" sales when they've made it as hard to come by as they have.

pretty clever process, but it is very annoying. I'm almost at the end of my patience, waiting to be invited, to purchase it. I mean you can get it today from a few online shops in China and it's not a lot more expensive then getting it from OPO themselves. these guys, Oneplus One (one plus one ) Android 4.3 with Snapdragon 801 Quad core 2.5Ghz 5.5 inch IPS OGS Corning Gorilla Glass FHD Screen 3GB 64GB 4G LTE Smartphone - Wholesale Electronics on AntElife.com sell the 64GB for under

Upvote 0
pretty clever process, but it is very annoying. I'm almost at the end of my patience, waiting to be invited, to purchase it. I mean you can get it today from a few online shops in China and it's not a lot more expensive then getting it from OPO themselves. these guys, Oneplus One (one plus one ) Android 4.3 with Snapdragon 801 Quad core 2.5Ghz 5.5 inch IPS OGS Corning Gorilla Glass FHD Screen 3GB 64GB 4G LTE Smartphone - Wholesale Electronics on AntElife.com sell the 64GB for under

Reactions: antelifeUK
Upvote 0
If they have so nuch trouble building phones to satisfy those who are waiting to get invites, then how did these retailers get stock to sell?
When i clicked on the link above, price in usd was $480! That is way above the $299 we saw originally on the invites page.
Those are the Chinese devices. Price likely reflects low supply and high demand

Upvote 0
OnePlus is now planning to take pre-orders with a target start in 3Q14. This is in response to the frustration caused by the invite system.
We are currently developing the pre-order functionality. Our best estimation for the launch of this functionality is Q3, but are not able to make any guarantees at this moment.

Source

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
What makes you say that?
That phone is not tech superior to the amazon phone, and has no us dealer or service/warranty network.

I can get amazon phone from at&t for less than the one plus, it has the carrier standing behind it for service and warranty, and i don't need to win the invite lottery to buy it.
At this point, the one plus invite/el cheapo marketing campaign is turning off as many people as it is motivating to buy. Jmo.

Upvote 0
That phone is not tech superior to the amazon phone, and has no us dealer or service/warranty network.

I can get amazon phone from at&t for less than the one plus, it has the carrier standing behind it for service and warranty, and i don't need to win the invite lottery to buy it.
At this point, the one plus invite/el cheapo marketing campaign is turning off as many people as it is motivating to buy. Jmo.
The amazon phone is still going to be 200 on contract, or full $600+ without contract.

The one plus still has a huge price advantage in what were seeing on early reports of the Fire phone

Upvote 0
The amazon phone is still going to be 200 on contract, or full $600+ without contract.

The one plus still has a huge price advantage in what were seeing on early reports of the Fire phone

you can't ignore service and warranty issues. You can't ignore availability issues either. The price does you no good if you can't buy it. I have seen shorter odds on winning football parleys. At least you are dealing with a known company if you spend the same money on the moto g/x, or recent htc m7, lg g2, nexus 5, or even sammy 3/4. plus, if you go the carrier route, you also have the carrier and the manufacturer backing the phone.
these guys are huge unknowns.

Upvote 0
you can't ignore service and warranty issues. You can't ignore availability issues either. The price does you no good if you can't buy it. I have seen shorter odds on winning football parleys. At least you are dealing with a known company if you spend the same money on the moto g/x, or recent htc m7, lg g2, nexus 5, or even sammy 3/4. plus, if you go the carrier route, you also have the carrier and the manufacturer backing the phone.
these guys are huge unknowns.
I dont disagree with any of that. They're concerns I brought up previously in the "will you buy the one plus" thread.

But the amazon phone has issues on its own. Namely it isn't going to have the google play store. Amazon is also a huge unknown in the phone space.

Facebook was also a huge company everyone knew about. Their phone was a flop. Thats a risk here too.

Not to mention the inherent bias of us android folk since the fire will likely be running a forked version of android.

There's nothing inherently better about the amazon phone versus the OPO. I'd still say the OPO has the upper hand

Upvote 0
Friends Of UK | Page 145 - OnePlus Forums
David S. said:
Some European customers have raised their concerns regarding the shipment of their devices.

We'd like to give you an update on the current status of their shipments. One batch arriving to the European Union cleared customs and entered our warehouses yesterday and the second batch will be ready to ship out on Tuesday.

Devices ordered last week and this week will be dispatched Monday and Tuesday by purchase order.

As you might have realized, some users have already received their devices, this is because customs clearance takes less time in the US. For customers in the United States and Canada their phones are being shipped on a daily basis.

We are actively trying to improve our communications with all of you and promise to be better moving forward. We have already hired quite a few new people and will continue to add even more members to our team giving us the man power to stay better connected with our fans. Thanks for your patience - the Ones are on their way!

EDIT: June 17

The second batch is taking longer than we expected to clear customs in Germany. As soon as it's released we will update the thread. Sorry for the delays.

EDIT 2: June 18

Bridget said:
Please don't think we're ignoring you. We are aware of the issue and wanted to make sure we had all the correct information before sharing it with you. Unfortunately, some of the phones did not clear customs in Europe. We worked tirelessly on every aspect of the One's design, including the text on the bottom of the back cover. We designed the regulatory icons to match the minimalistic style of the rest of the text, but the design of the CE icons were unfortunately deemed unacceptable by the customs agents and returned.

All those affected by this delay will be contacted by our team very shortly if they haven't been already and given more information about expected arrival dates.
Europe Warehouse Status - OnePlus Forums
Briget said:
The delay will be max two weeks

Upvote 0
Now we know why:
It seems, however, that those European users who have received invitations for the smartphone will have to experience yet another delay.

Why?

Because OnePlus decided to alter the mandatory CE certification logo that has to grace any product that is being sold in the EU. Apparently, OnePlus modified the font of said logo so that it corresponds to the inscriptions on the back cover of the smartphone. Of course, this is illegal in the EU, so the first batch of device got held at the customs and promptly returned to the manufacturer. In order to be eligible for import, the back covers of the OnePlus One will have to be restyled and display a correct, untouched version of the CE logo.
http://www.phonearena.com/news/OneP...ltered-a-mandatory-certification-logo_id57353

Source

Upvote 0
OnePlus is now planning to take pre-orders with a target start in 3Q14. This is in response to the frustration caused by the invite system.

Source

I could be mistaken,but,guessing this is being pushed back due to production capacity @ OPPO,as they're now taking pre-orders on the FIND7.

I still would be interested in getting the OPO,but,the anticipation/enthusiasm level has dropped significantly w/this news.

So CafeKampuchia,how are you interpreting this latest announcement?

A) Pre-orders will begin to be taken in Q3,w/an even later actual delivery/availability date,or....

B) Pre-orders will begin relatively soon before Q3,w/delivery beginning in Q3?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones