• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Only 144kb free default. Cant Update

SpiderMew

Lurker
Aug 10, 2016
So Budget Moble sent me The HTC wildfire S as my free phone though the California lifeline program.

It kept saying google play services kept crashing every time i tried to do anything with it. Until i got an SD card i couldn't hear any of the default ringtones or do anything other then make an outgoing call.

I have a 16gb SD card in it now. But it still is saying the internal storage is too low to even update the android version from 2.3.4 which is factory default.

It wont let me move Google play or its store to my sd card and the basic functions of the phone doesn't seem to work without them. I need 10 MB free to update it but I only have 144kb and doing anything seems to give me less.

Just taking a moment to look up what my version os was made me go down to 128kb free.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? There's so much free space on my SD card i just want my damn phone to use it.

So Budget Moble sent me The HTC wildfire S as my free phone though the California lifeline program.

It kept saying google play services kept crashing every time i tried to do anything with it. Until i got an SD card i couldn't hear any of the default ringtones or do anything other then make an outgoing call.

I have a 16gb SD card in it now. But it still is saying the internal storage is too low to even update the android version from 2.3.4 which is factory default.

It wont let me move Google play or its store to my sd card and the basic functions of the phone doesn't seem to work without them. I need 10 MB free to update it but I only have 144kb and doing anything seems to give me less.

Just taking a moment to look up what my version os was made me go down to 128kb free.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? There's so much free space on my SD card i just want my damn phone to use it.

Hello,
I would try deleting the cache from phone settings. If that doesn't free much space, go to recovery>wipe cache + dalvik cache>reboot the phone>see how it goes. If that doesn't work, I will delete as many apps as I can, so I can update the phone and then when installing any app, I would install it on my SD but you should know that even when we install apps to SD, still the main part of them stays on the internal storage. Let us know how it goes!

Best Regards

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones