• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Open HTML on home network

RC666

Lurker
Feb 25, 2012
Is there any app that will open a HTML (or HTM) file that is located on a windows PC on a home local network. I can using programs like es file explorer or andsmb to see the files on the windows PC and if I wanted I can download the files to the android tablet and open them from there, but I want to just open them without having to save them to the tablet in the first place... These programs will stream media or open images easily without forcing me to save them to the tablet memory but it cannot open HTML files.

Thanks, I tried x-plore and it did indeed allow me to open the HTML file, but it does not seem to be able to import any images as saved webpages at least on my PC are saved as two separate pieces.... You have the html file itself and you also have a folder that has all the images in it...

The app cannot associate the two files when browsing on the local network, but if the webpage is stored in local memory it can associate the two files and correctly display the webpage (I just tried it)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones