• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps open word document within android app

parijathar

Lurker
Apr 9, 2014
hi, how to open .docx file within android app programmatically ? if i try to open a .docx file in my app, it should not open using any external apps like kingsoft office, QuickOffice etc., i have already make use of some library files like aspose.words for android, OliveDocLibrary, Apache POI.
1. Aspose.word library is too heavy and heap space exception occurs when i tried to run the app.
2. using OliveDocLibrary, it displays something like watermark on the document file. that seems to be uncomfortable for viewing the document file.
3. Apache POI library is been used, i have placed all the required libraries in my project's libs folder but still POIFSFileSystem exception occuring.

So, are there any other libraries for doing this job ?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones