Opera Mobile 10.1 Beta Being Launched November 9th

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

Opera promised that it’d be here within a month (they actually said within “this” month back in October, but we won’t dock points for that), and we’ve just learned that Opera Mobile should be headed to Android November 9th. (That’s in 4 days, by the way.) They’ve announced that hardware acceleration will be enabled in [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. NexusKing

NexusKing Active Member

Looking forward to this. It's the first TRUE alternative browser. (all other browsers including Dolphin are just skins on the built in webkit browser).

Hardware acceleration too, and weighing in at 6MB for a full browser. Not the 42MB that Firebox bloat needs.

3. Ziemas

Ziemas Member

I've been trying it this morning on my Wildfire and it's still quite buggy. Text wrap doesn't work so well, and pinch to zoom isn't working on all sites. Also some sites are brining up the full site, and not the mobile version. But it's still in beta, so I have some hope these issues will be sorted.

4. PinkMirrorKirby

PinkMirrorKirby Well-Known Member

I've never really liked Firefox, I prefer Opera, Safari and Google Chrome over Internet Explorer or Firefox.

5. bigholly

bigholly Active Member

Unable to open at all. Press on app and starts to open by showing "Opera Mobile" screen and then goes back to lock screen. HTC Desire

Fixed it. Ran out of space.

Looks good so far. just need to add bookmarks then see.