• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Opinion Rewards not working

fordguy00

Jan 24, 2015
I've had the Google Opinion Rewards app installed for nearly 6 months and still haven't had any surveys, other than the one that they give you when you sign up, which dosen't pay anything. I deleted and reinstalled it, still nothing. Is this common?

Same with me, maybe 3-5 per month. (...and I tend to keep Location off most of the time. If I ever get really curious I'll start leaving it on to see if my survey numbers increase.)

Fordguy, when you uninstalled/reinstalled the app, did you clear 'data' and clear 'cache' when you uninstalled it too? Maybe something is remaining on your phone's internal SDcard that needs to be wiped so when you reinstalled the app it's a clean start again.
Also if you have any kind of firewall app like Droidwall or NetGuard, don't forget to allow the Google Opinion Rewards app to have access. (Can't say how many times I've installed some app with a confused look on my face when it doesn't work correctly because I forgot to also give it access.)

Upvote 0
No question it's a privacy matter, but there's nothing stopping you from installing Opinion Rewards and simply not telling it about yourself, it's not like they can validate everything or anything. The survey questions aren't terribly invasive and follow the same consumer marketing themes -- '...do you own a hybrid vehicle...' or '...do you plan on buying one within the next twelve months...' along with just general stuff like your age bracket, favorite music, whatever. If you don't want to give up anything about yourself just think about some second cousin who you haven't seen years who lives five states away, and answer all the questions from their point of view.

Bottom line though, and ignoring the 200 lb. gorilla - our NSA, your ISP/carrier already has more data already collected on you than anything you have to worry about with Opinion Rewards, as everything you do online goes through their pipes. Geez, even this site, along with just regular cookies, includes some tracking cookies. If you use Facebook, you've already lost the battle. If privacy is really important to you, you need to take yourself off the grid and adopt an isolationist lifestyle. (There are those who do and seem pretty damn content with their lives.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones