• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Optimus M - Home Button Problem

devine1

Lurker
Oct 21, 2011
My Home button is not functioning anymore. I have to use the back button in order to get "home". Not sure when this started, but since Metro PCS update, i've had to re-set alot of my settings. I've pretty got everything back to the way it is. I don't want to do a "factory reset" and loose all my stuff, so I'm wondering if anyone else had had this problem and was able to fix it.
*BTW, I also can't get my lock screen to work even though it confirms set-up. For this I am just going to download a new app for that. But maybe the problems run hand-in hand..

If you have insurance or a warranty, cash in on it. If that's not an option for you then I strongly recommend rooting your device because that will allow you to download "soft-keys for root users" from the Android Market. This app displays your home row keys on any screen you are on easily allowing you to perform the same functions as the hardware keys but more ease. I currently use this app just to prevent hardware damage. As for the lock screen not working that is very strange. If you're looking for a nice lock screen that's free I personally love "Ripple Lock".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones