• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Optimus s earpiece not working

Pak713

Lurker
Jul 26, 2012
My optimus s earpiece quit working for like the fifth time. I've took my phone into sprint several times. They have replace the ear piece, and factory reset my phone. After factory reset it has worked fine for around three months, until today. Sprint tech has told me its an app doing it. After they reset it I put the same Apps back on it, and it was fine for 3 months. Any thoughts? This phone worked great until stupid android update, since then its junk.

if I do it now is it going to keep telling me there is an update for phone for the latest version

It will unless you perform this simple magic trick:

When the alert pops up, choose the More Info option.

Immediately yank the battery and wait about half a minute.

Reinsert the battery and restart, maybe off and on again.

Now headquarters will assume you have acted to the alert and never be aware that you tricked it. If you poke into system update settings, it will tell you, but as long as you never okay it, you (and I) still live in Froyoville.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones