Ordering Inc today or tomorrow - where to buy for quickest delivery and best price?General

Last Updated:

1. turkey281

turkey281 Member This Topic's Starter

Okay so I was waiting to see the Droid X before ordering the Inc - don't want it. Want to order Inc ASAP. What's the best place to order to get it soonest? Verizon store or Verizon online? Amazon, BB, etc? How about price? I'm eligible for NE2 but that's it, so I guess it'll be $150 through Verizon. Anywhere else have it cheaper, or are there any promo codes through Verizon I can use? Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

Just order it online and be done with it;)

great phone. the longer you wait ---- well the longer you wait:D

3. sta7ic

sta7ic Well-Known Member

Best Buy is often overlooked by most people.
    They DO honor NE2, and will do instant rebates as well.

4. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Probably either Verizon or Best Buy for quickest delivery, or possibly Super Walmart.

BB might have it in stock, and probably a shorter wait than most other places. And you'll probably be able to talk them down on price ("Oh, the Sears in the mall has it for $150, can you match that price" worked for me [note: the sears in the mall doesn't actually sell phones, oops :) ]). Just remember they won't match online prices, so haggle accordingly.

It's possible that a Super Walmart in your area might have it in stock, but I probably wouldn't order from them, but that's just me. Your mileage may vary.

Amazon is also a good way to go. I don't know what the ship times are right now, but they've been shipping alot faster than Verizon.

And definitely check with local Verizon stores, and authorized dealers. You might luck out and find one in stock.

5. Wooby

Wooby Well-Known Member

You should check out Wirefly.com, it said 1 - 2 weeks and then a day or so later is was available. It's also 50 dollars cheaper than Verizon and no tax either. I bought my Incredible off verizon and waited a couple weeks, bought my wifes on a Saturday and had it on a Tuesday. You could also check out Amazon as well.

6. turkey281

Great, thanks. I'll just get it somewhere online and be done. Sort of an off topic question, but do most people buy the insurance? I never have but keep reading about some people on their 2nd, 3rd, or whatever replacement for various issues. If it does have problems, do I need to have the insurance to replace it or is there some kind of standard warranty?

7. euph_22

Depends...if you have a software/hardware issue (ie locks up, screen stops working, speaker explodes) it's a warranty issue...you drop it or it gets stolen it's an insurance issue.

Honestly, unless it gives you $$$ (insert total cost for the premium +deductible) worth of piece of mind it's NOT worth it to buy insurance. Just don't drop the thing and you'll be fine, or call your homeowners/renters insurer and get it added to the policy.

And since we're on the topic, remember that getting warranty service is way more of a pain from an online store. One reason I ordered my from BB.

8. PeeLoWanKenobi

PeeLoWanKenobi Well-Known Member

If you live in a state where amazon doesnt tax, I'd recommend amazon. The price is $149.99 and the shipping is even better if you have a prime account. If you happen to have a student email address, or know of someone who does, right now amazon has a promo for free prime membership for college students.

euph_22 likes this.
  9. euph_22

Thanks for the heads up about the free prime membership.

10. turkey281

Great, thanks for the clarification!

11. turkey281

Interesting about the free prime membership. Thanks! Well, as I said before I have the renewal upgrade discount through Verizon so it looks to be $150 no matter where I get it...and I guess no one retailer is clearly going to be the fastest to get it to me. I'll just pick one and order it!

12. cabraswell

cabraswell Well-Known Member

Best Buy honors NE2? I wasn't aware of this...

I thought the only one who would honor NE2 was Verizon.

13. SingJsong

SingJsong Well-Known Member

Um, just out of curiosity, why do you not want the X? In your position I'd take the X hands down. It's superior in nearly every way.

14. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

BB does NOT honor NE2, this was thoroughly hashed out in the first Inc thread. Some people were able to persuade managers to cut them a deal, but it's BB policy to not sell for less than $200. Don't bank on it.

15. mttfrog13

mttfrog13 Well-Known Member

you'll be waiting until September probably to get your phone. Might as well wait and check out the Samsung fascinate.

Also, my friend just got the droid x. It's actually not as big as you'd think. Not even the bulge at the top where the camera is. I've also held the htc evo 4g which i will say IS pretty big, but although i wouldn't try to get the droid x, i would at least seriously consider it, especially when it will ship faster than a droid inc.

Otherwise, there are a few places offering the droid inc with a new contract for $150, one of them being amazon.

16. turkey281

Honestly, I don't have enough experience with smartphones to know the real differences so I guess its just preference. I like the Inc size better although I understand it isn't super significant. Screen colors seem better, more interested in quality pics than video. Looking at friend's phones I like sense better than motoblur, although I understand its a slightly refined version in the X. So, you know, just personal preference...

17. turkey281

Really, you think September? Verizon says will ship by 8/3, wirefly says ships in 1-2 weeks. Do you think these aren't accurate? When do you think the Fascinate will arrive? Still haven't ordered anything yet...just stupid that everything is out of stock!