• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Original (Eclair) stock ROM?

WraithTDK

Jul 26, 2011
I'm looking for a Stock Eclair ROM. I've finally, after a LOT of hesitation, decided to root my Continuum and install Froyo on it. My hesitation has been caused by the fact that the phone is a company asset, and I want to avoid any potential "what did you do to company property?" awkwardness when I have to hand it back.

That being said, I recently purchased an Atrix 2, rooted it, and played around until I got a better understanding of the process and what's involved; and knowing that it's fairly simple to re-flash your phone back to the stock ROM if you have it, I've decided to go ahead. However, I want to create a recovery kit first, so that when I do move on to bigger and better career opportunities, I can wipe it and hand it back as if nothing was ever done.

Yuppers. Seems to be working pretty well, but blue tooth functionality seems a little wonky. After disconnecting it from the paired device (a Motorola Roadster), it doesn't seem to want to link back up unless I re-pair it. If I can't get this worked out, I may end up taking advantage of your kind contribution. Would I need a pit file to re-flash with Odin? I've got the Samsung_I500_VZW_PIT that I used to flash Froyo.

Upvote 0
Yuppers. Seems to be working pretty well, but blue tooth functionality seems a little wonky. After disconnecting it from the paired device (a Motorola Roadster), it doesn't seem to want to link back up unless I re-pair it. If I can't get this worked out, I may end up taking advantage of your kind contribution. Would I need a pit file to re-flash with Odin? I've got the Samsung_I500_VZW_PIT that I used to flash Froyo.

No, you don't need a PIT file to flash back to eclair. But, before you give up on froyo, have you tried clearing data out of OPP. Or, completely dropping the roadster and then starting fresh (which clearing OPP would do).
Also, which rom are you on? Stock froyo, then rooted? or a cleaned version? If you used the PIT file to flash to froyo, you obviously went stock first, otherwise we would be talking about your paperweight, instead of bluetooth issues. Did you flash something else afterwards?

Upvote 0
I flashed the Stock Froyo rom (SCH-I400-EC07-FROYO-REL-PRODUCTION.tar.md5), following the instructions in the "OH CRAP!" guide. It went well, but I wasn't able to successfully root afterwards, and Bluetooth has been problematic with the Roadster. I can get it to work by unpairing it, rebooting it (for some reason, unpairing it doesn't make it disappear from the Bluetooth options menu until it reboots) and then re-pairing it; but the next time I try to get it to connect, no dice. Very frustrating. I could flash another ROM; but for some weird reason, I prefer to be as close to stock as possible, minus bloatware, which I usually just freeze with Titanium backup.

Upvote 0
Android is odd like that. The only way I've found to make the bluetooth completely drop, is to unpair then scan for devices. It'll drop off, then. As for getting a prerooted debloated rom, try the 'rooting your phone via a rom' guide. That will put you on the rom I'm on. I've never had any major issues with bluetooth. I'm a trucker, so I'm ALWAYS connected.
Oh, if you do flash with that guide, you can negate flashing ec07.tar in odin. You are already on the proper kernel and modem. All you need to do is put the update.zip and rom on your sd card and flash the recovery kernel. Then flash the rom in cwm and wipe caches.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones