1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support OS Service hogging data

1. MrVengeance

MrVengeance Member

So I've been using my phone for a week or two now, and recently installed a data manager app to keep an eye on my data usage.
    Turns out my OS Service uses a lot of data each day.
    I've looked at similar threads here and tried out solutions, but it's still using around 80Mb a day.

I've turned off: "Back up my data"
    I don't have a Live Wallpaper.
    The only accounts that I sync are Hotmail and Gmail, and they both have separate icons in the data manager.

Anyone else have this problem?
    If this continues I'll be using 2Gb a month on just OS Service without even using the phone.

Advertisement
  2. rzozaya1969

rzozaya1969 Well-Known Member

I don't know if that's the way it's supposed to work or not, but you could try to turn on and off internet and only turn it on when you need something. I think that there should be some widgets which would let you turn it on and off easily..