• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OS Service hogging data

MrVengeance

Lurker
Aug 23, 2012
So I've been using my phone for a week or two now, and recently installed a data manager app to keep an eye on my data usage.
Turns out my OS Service uses a lot of data each day.
I've looked at similar threads here and tried out solutions, but it's still using around 80Mb a day.

I've turned off: "Back up my data"
I don't have a Live Wallpaper.
The only accounts that I sync are Hotmail and Gmail, and they both have separate icons in the data manager.

Anyone else have this problem?
If this continues I'll be using 2Gb a month on just OS Service without even using the phone.

So I've been using my phone for a week or two now, and recently installed a data manager app to keep an eye on my data usage.
Turns out my OS Service uses a lot of data each day.
I've looked at similar threads here and tried out solutions, but it's still using around 80Mb a day.

I've turned off: "Back up my data"
I don't have a Live Wallpaper.
The only accounts that I sync are Hotmail and Gmail, and they both have separate icons in the data manager.

Anyone else have this problem?
If this continues I'll be using 2Gb a month on just OS Service without even using the phone.

I don't know if that's the way it's supposed to work or not, but you could try to turn on and off internet and only turn it on when you need something. I think that there should be some widgets which would let you turn it on and off easily..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones