• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA 45.3.6 Is live!

Same "update failed" notice here except I am rooted (used AIO One Click method). Thought it might have been a bad update download but I did it twice via WiFi and even pulled the battery before trying the second time.

Ideas?

I was rooted using AIO too. Once I began the download nothing happened so i rebooted and it began to work. Also I re-rooted after the update finished and now my battery life is screwed up pretty bad. Phone is constantly warm to the touch and a full charge is depleted in about 3 hours of very light use.

Upvote 0
So far my proximity issue after using my car bluetooth seems to be fixed. I only had a problem with the proximity sensor not shutting off after using my car bluetooth. Get out of the car, get on a phone call and the screen would stay on. If I did a simple reboot it would fix the problem until I used my car bluetooth. So far the update seems to have fixed that. Will find out more in the next few days.

This is great news. This is my only remaining complaint about the phone. I am downloading the update now. I can't wait to try bluetooth on my way home tonight to see if the issue is resolved.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Crimson Knight
Upvote 0
@TBHausen - Thank you for sharing this. I'm going to hold off for now. I'm downloading the file in the event I can't get it resolved any other way.

Honestly, there's no reason to wait. As long as you get RSDlite and the drivers installed properly (64-bit drivers are a separate download) and follow the instructions precisely (keep you hands OFF the phone until it reboots AND activates itself) you won't have any problems. I've downloaded, installed, and used every SBF released at XDA and it's really a risk-free proposition. I can also verifiy the legitimacy of the sbf's Yay 4 Juggs is posting over there because my MoPho OTA updated from the sbf at the link above to the "in-between" version we had until this update dropped today. It's the exact same software. The updates just have to be installed somewhat "in order" for OTA to work. I even had to revert back to the previous version to get the OTA a couple days ago ;) and everything has gone perfectly. Just do it--you'll be glad you did.

Upvote 0
I had the same issue. Turned off wi-fi and it downloaded and installed. Last two updates wouldn't download over wi-fi but worked over 3G. Not sure why.

Well, I've initiated the download from the About Phone menu and when I go back to check it's been saying that it's "downloading" the update - for like an hour now. I get 3G service and I'm on a fast WiFi network. Not sure what's going on. Not rooted.

Upvote 0
I was rooted using AIO too. Once I began the download nothing happened so i rebooted and it began to work. Also I re-rooted after the update finished and now my battery life is screwed up pretty bad. Phone is constantly warm to the touch and a full charge is depleted in about 3 hours of very light use.
HEY I installed the update that went fine. it rebooted automatically and the update was on. of coarse i lost root so i one click rooted again and all is good.. battery seems normal its been a few hours and no problems.

Upvote 0

As I noted in the battery life thread, I had this problem too but traced it to WidgetLocker. Once I disabled it the battery returned to normal. I've heard reports of other apps, like GetJar, doing the same thing. Try disabling/uninstalling apps one at a time and see what happens. You might want to reboot after each one (or do them in small groups to save some time).

Upvote 0
As I noted in the battery life thread, I had this problem too but traced it to WidgetLocker. Once I disabled it the battery returned to normal. I've heard reports of other apps, like GetJar, doing the same thing. Try disabling/uninstalling apps one at a time and see what happens. You might want to reboot after each one (or do them in small groups to save some time).

Lol wish you would've mentioned this earlier. Anyway I did the hard reset and all seems to be back to normal. So I guess there was a software conflict and maybe it could've been widget locker who knows but as long as things are normal again I'm happy...:D

Reactions: Skrillex
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones