• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OTA update 1.13.651.7 is live

I'm going to post in a separate thread if this isn't answered in here. I'm about to do the 1.13.651.7 OTA update and I was wondering:

Did anyone have issues where they would turn the display off, then turn it on, and only half of the lockscreen showed? The bottom portion of the screen was just black and there was no way to get out of it besides doing a battery pull? Mine has done this twice now and I am really hoping this fixes that.

Upvote 0
have not seen that posted. just chalk it up to a glitch.. there had been a few glitches reported (homescreen shows 3D, etc etc...) so this one can be added to the list.

perform the update then check the device after. if you still see it, then troubleshoot. im pretty sure its just a random glitch.. or like Early Mon likes to say, something is tangled up and just needs a battery pull/soft reset.. :)

Upvote 0
I've had that lockscreen issue happen 4 or 5 times...
I haven't updated yet and I think one of the parts was labeled lockscreen so maybe that's what it fixes
I just do a normal reset via power button and it's back to normal, sometimes even cycling the lockscreen on and off a couple times does it

Upvote 0
have not seen that posted. just chalk it up to a glitch.. there had been a few glitches reported (homescreen shows 3D, etc etc...) so this one can be added to the list.

perform the update then check the device after. if you still see it, then troubleshoot. im pretty sure its just a random glitch.. or like Early Mon likes to say, something is tangled up and just needs a battery pull/soft reset.. :)

Ever since updating w/the OTA this glitch is gone for me.

I've had that lockscreen issue happen 4 or 5 times...
I haven't updated yet and I think one of the parts was labeled lockscreen so maybe that's what it fixes
I just do a normal reset via power button and it's back to normal, sometimes even cycling the lockscreen on and off a couple times does it

Mine wouldn't even turn off. I couldn't get out of the lockscreen. Had to do a battery pull everytime to get out of it. Thankfully the OTA fixed it (I think, I haven't had it since).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones