Otterbox case or similar

1. Ayrow

Ayrow Well-Known Member

I've always used Otterbox cases on my phones.
    For those of you not familiar, they are the best cases you can buy.
    They are military-spec cases that will protect it through just about anything, even water.

I contacted Otterbox and they had no plans to make a case for this phone.

Has anyone found anything similar that will work with the Motorola Droid?

Advertisement
  2. shotinthenads

shotinthenads Well-Known Member

This is probably not much help to you, but I will offer my two cents anyway. Case Mate is making Clear Armor for the Droid and Amzer is making a snap on case for the front and back of the Droid. I had a Otterbox Defender for my 3Gs and it worked great for protection. I even dropped the phone in water and no water entered the case. Otterbox will not make a case for any phone unless they can sell at least 100K of them. Maybe when the popularity of the Droid takes off they will reconsider. Amazon will start listing more accessories for the Droid in the next week or two. LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING MY DROID!
  3. JoeFresco

JoeFresco Well-Known Member

I don't see any otterbox cases for any slider phone. That wouldn't make me hopeful.
  4. Porter

Porter New Member

I would be happy to lose the slide-out keyboard for the protection of an Otterbox, frankly.

Also, I think they could do a Commuter case that supports the slide, by having a full-length sealing port across the top side of the device, allowing the screen to push out through the opening and exposing the keyboard below. It wouldn't be waterproof, but none of the Commuter cases are.
  5. Stangs55

Stangs55 Well-Known Member

Would love to see one as well!

I don't ever use the physical keyboard and would HAPPILY give it up for a full case that protects the phone!
  6. grrnewt

grrnewt New Member

So this is of course hearsay, but I was talking to the verizon guy, and he said that he had heard from an otterbox employee (I live where the company is) that they were working on something for the droid, but apparently there werent any details.
    so im crossing my fingers and waiting for them to showup with something
  7. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

After installing Better Keyboard I don't know if I will have to use the keyboard.
  8. firesarge

firesarge Member

I want an Otter Box also, but Verizon has a case that I bought with a holster that seems to work pretty well.
  9. BigPete

BigPete New Member

I have used an Otterbox on my last 3 BlackBerrys. I hope I can find something similar for use with my Droid which comes today. My job and working environment kind of demands something a bit more "sturdy" than most people.
  10. Droidn00b

Droidn00b Well-Known Member

11. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

I had an otterbox for my first gen iPhone, was freaking awesome.
  12. ptraykovski

ptraykovski New Member

if you just want waterproof, aquapac
    Waterproof iPhone case <BR>(104)

works pretty well using virtual keyboard and the camera still can take pics.

I've had mine in tossed around around in large surf (attached to a kitesurfing kite that crashed) for 30 min and no leaks.

but obviously not impact resistant, like a hard case would be. nice for use on a small boat/kayak as you can put the lanyard around your neck and tuck it into a wetsuit..a hard box would be too bulky for that. Doing GPS tracks and having a phone to organize drop offs and pick ups is pretty useful and fun
  13. invididual

invididual New Member

14. BigPete

BigPete New Member

Nice! Thanks for the info on Otterbox. As much as I love Otterbox products I had to get something when I first got the phone (in December). Seido (Innocase Surface Combo, Black) makes a nice case that also comes with a belt clip. While I'm sure the Otterbox case is very nice, it doesn't come with a belt clip.