• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Otterbox Commuter and Side Case

rjr1049

Oct 25, 2009
I am thinking of moving from a BB Storm2 to a Droid X. I carry my Storm2 in an Otterbox Commuter and it fits into a Seidio side case that clips onto a belt. I like the setup - the phone gets carried conveniently and is protected by a Commuter. Does anyone know if there is a side case that will fit a Droid X in a Commuter? Thanks in advance for the help.

I've been searching for the same type of case. Currently, I use the Rocketfish Mobile - Leather Case - Black ( Model: RF-WR337, SKU: 8913349) from Best Buy. However, the fit is very tight. I've stretched it as much as possible bit it's still too snug. Failry easy to insert the phone, much harder to remove.

It's possible the large Eddie Bauer case, model ebudy55-blk, might work. The dimensions suggest it would be ok. Best Buy no longer sells it (they have the smaller
ebudy44-blk) so I can't try it out in-store. I might simply take the plunge for $10 on Ebay.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones