• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [OUDHS] Reverb Stock with Root

I wanted to give xInterlopeRx a personal and public thank you!..

I ran into some problems with my Reverb. After rooting ( you can already see where this is going ) I installed the Beats audio drivers.. Well, they took out the sound on my device.. and voice & data as well! The device wasn't bricked.. but it was as useful as a paperweight...

I sent xInterlopeRx a email on CHRISTMAS EVE.. and this guy didn't blow it off till after the holidays.. He replied right back and I set about telling him what I did.. the symptoms & the screens I saw. And over the course of Christmas Eve to CHRISTMAS DAY he got me rolling.

Now, this isn't a suck up.. The job is done.. It is a sincere thank you. I don't know many people who would help out a stranger on a holiday like that..

John.. the next time I'm rolling through El Paso.. The first round or 2 are on me.. Thanks again...

Better make it at a coffee shop!

Upvote 0
When flashing this rom do I have to format/delete/clear anything like system or data or cache?

WARNING: MINI TUTORIAL IN PROGRESS!!

No. Yes. Kinda The script is straight outta Brooklyn and know how to mack! Geeeeesh. Ok the script will wipe /system but not the other partitions. If you WANT them wiped you can do that yourself. For instance, if you don't care/want the data from the last install, let it rip. Since this is just a stock system there is no NEED to wipe anything. No version jump, no partition changes, no voodoo dolls and no kernel changes or mods. You should be able to just flash and go. And remember, The Unloved Device Hit Squad loves you the most nohomo!

Upvote 0
Ok, last question for now, how in the world do I change back to the stock font? This font is driving me crazy. I read the bit about deleting other fonts but that didn't work, just ended up stuck at samsung flashing screen and wouldn't finish boot up. Which font in particular needs to be changed or removed to get the default font back?

Upvote 0
Ok, last question for now, how in the world do I change back to the stock font? This font is driving me crazy. I read the bit about deleting other fonts but that didn't work, just ended up stuck at samsung flashing screen and wouldn't finish boot up. Which font in particular needs to be changed or removed to get the default font back?

Mike, since I don't own the device I can't say. If your device is rooted then you will find all the fonts on /usr. I have a new system dump to work with also, so I may be able to re-make this for the friends of Reverb Library and Gift store. I'll update the OP if I find the time to do it. Otherwise, install a font you like and roll with it.

Upvote 0
Ok, so I figured out how to get the default font changed and it's all good for the most part. However, I'm still getting that same font in gmail and on browser webpages and other things. Would anyone be able to clue me in on the file structure associated with the fonts what are used? I tried removing some of the fonts and ended up in a frozen boot up and had to flash back to fix it. I've been searching google for some answers but haven't gotten anything satisfactory yet...

Edit:
Ok, I finally fixed the fonts. After downloading the ics font and using font changer to change it and fixed that issue.

Only other issue I have at this point is that anytime an app needs superuser access I get prompted and isn't keeping the "remember" setting when checked, I keep getting asked to allow or deny. Any ideas there?

Edit #2:
After much wrangling and flashing, got superuser working again so it appears that I'm all set again with everything working as it should with su and fonts. Folks here have been great here with providing roms and recovery files so if I sounded frustrated in my postings it's not your fault. The joys of messing with software... :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones