• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Oukitel K6 Review – 18:9 screen, 6GB RAM, Face ID unlock and 6300mAh

batboy

Android Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2013
Oukitel K6

Youtube review

Coming as the first Helio P23 device ever released on the market (correct me if i am wrong), this new K6 should be the successor to the K6000 Plus. It could be easily considered as the second flagship, together with the MIX 2, from OUKITEL since the specs are not bad at all. It comes with 6GB of RAM, 64GB of ROM and an huge 6300mAh battery.

Unlike the K8000 reviewed before, this K6 comes with a whole new packaging that also looks more premium, even inside. The amount of included accessories is still the same: 1x Type-C USB Cable, 1x 5V/3A USB Charger(not sure whether this is a Pump Express charger or not), 1x User Manual, 1x SIM Card Removal Tool, 1x Warranty Certificate, 1x OTG Cable, 1x TPU Cover and the Smartphone (of course). A screen protector is already applied

The K6 doesn't feature anymore a full-metal chassis found on the K6000, but they choose to go with a plastic back cover (not-removable) instead. That's a pity because it is something that makes a device more premium. Anyway, the plastic cover doesn't seem to affects its solidity too much, even though i can notice some minor imperfections where the plastic touches the metal body. Also, i will never understand the need to remove the 3.5mm Headphone Jack on thick devices. There are just no valid reasons that would justify this, and i am not the only one to think the same.

As a battery phone with a 5.99" 18:9 screen and 6300mAh of battery, it is almost obvious to not expect a compact device. It is 15.8x7.61x1.08cm with a weight of 263g, really heavy considering the size. I don't understand why it is so heavy considering the plastic back cover.

This is probably one of the most complete devices i have ever reviewed, since it includes both Front Flashlight and Notification LED (RGB) on the upper front side while still keeping the reasonably thin bezel. Of course there is also a Front Camera, the Earpiece and Light/Proximity sensors.

As regards the back side, it features, as already said, a plastic non-removable cover with a nice-looking light effect. Still, it is plastic so expect to scratch it easily. I may recommend to use a screen protector also on the back in order to not ruin the effect.

Screen

Compared to the MIX 2 5.99" 18:9 screen, the one used on the K6 is, in my opinion, not as good as i would have expected. Colors look slightly washed out even after some calibration using MiraVision, and i can notice a minor smearing effect while scrolling menus. It seems to be a common issue for this kind of rounded screens, since i found a similar issue on another device reviewed some weeks ago, so it might be a software issue or just a limit of this first gen of panels. Hopefully in the future this will only get better.

Camera

Identical to the MIX 2, this K6 features a Samsung 16MP rear camera sensor that, together with the new Helio P23 ISP (Image Signal Processor), does seem to provide some great shots. HDR works decently, and the amount of image noise is not too high, as long as the available light is high enough of course. An overall good result.

Excellent results as regards the Camcorder. Videos are recorded in 1080p30 with a really stable framerate, no stuttering and high image quality. Currently the best Mediatek device ever tested in this area.

The front-camera sensor is, unfortunately, unknown (was not able to obtain the codename) but it should be an 8MP camera sensor interpolated to 13MP. Thanks to the Flashlight, it is possible to obtain some pretty decent shots even in low-light conditions. Pretty average quality.

Face ID unlock

GPS

Excellent results for the GPS. An high amount of satellites gets locked, even indoors.

Battery Life

Starting from the Battery Capacity, i was not able to confirm the 6300mAh battery capacity declared by OUKITEL, instead i get a result of ~6090mAh. They declare a minimum of 6000mAh, but a typical of 6300mAh is definitely unrealistic considering it (it is usually ~100mAh higher from the min, not that much).

Battery Life is just outstanding compared to the previous gen Helio P20/25. The PCMark Battery Life test provided a result of 22 hours and 5 minutes, able to last at least two days of heavy usage (or one if you don't sleep...just kidding). Test run at minimum brightness, with WiFi on and Sync on.

OUKITEL seem to be really proud of the choice to use a 5V/3A charger (Pump Express 3?) for this device. They are not alone, OnePlus also uses a 5V charger with even higher current. Based on some testing made by externalwebsites, this reduces the device temperature while keeping the charging speed high. Is it really making a difference compared to a standard up to 12V quick charger? Well, i was not able to notice that much difference as regards the charging speed, but the device felt noticeable cooler to the touch.

for more information you can read here: https://www.majordroid.com/oukitel-...hone-with-6gb-ram-face-id-unlock-and-6300mah/

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones