• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Over clocked to 1.6Ghz (precautions to take)

The Spec for the phone is 1ghz but in setCPU it says 1.6ghz? im :thinking:

EDIT: well it looks like it really does work ran quadrant standard
and i got a score of 3165 was OCed to 1.6ghz while running the bench mark

BUT you have to be VERY careful when OCed at 1.6ghz always take caution when doing things like these to youre android i already read a bunch of guides and watched a lot of video so i know im doing when I OC

right now im at a perfectly stable 1.2ghz sometimes i turn it up to 1.4-1.6ghz but only when im running games or high demanding applications

by the way im using Krizes KROM V5 BETA it comes with a custom kernel thats how i was able to OC (overclock)

Link to ROM here
http://androidforums.com/rush-all-things-root/705619-rom-krom-v-5-new-lv-4-dark-4-1-2-a.html

I recommend watching these 2 video to understand OC

OCing explained by Zedomax
Android Overclocking Explained! - YouTube

also this one its outdated by it should give you a good start to OCing
How To Use SetCPU For Android - YouTube

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-20-23-13-40.png
    Screenshot_2013-08-20-23-13-40.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 101
If you are using a custom kernel (or one of the roms here whichcontain a custom kernel) then yes, you are overclocked to 1.6ghz

And from the looks of it you're using krom, correct?

From the a kernel thread

Alright guys and gals. First JB build:

I finally played with the voltages and lowered them. It's running nice and stable and maybe even cooler. All IO Schedulers and CPU gov's are there and I went up to 1.6 GHZ on this one.

Built with the latest Linaro GCC 2013.05- 4.7.4 tool-chain with optimization's for our chip.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones