overclocking?

Last Updated:

1. itsmaxwell

itsmaxwell New Member This Topic's Starter

can you overclock the moment? i have heard you can but i have no verified this. any help would be nice. im interested in trying it

Advertisement
  2. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

There are some overclocked kernels in testing right now but results seem to be mixed. Haven't tried them yet personally as im not willing to sacrifice consistency and stability for what ifs.

one80oneday likes this.
  3. trissypissy

trissypissy New Member

i would like to try overclocking my moment. i've had this for like a year now, and i'm really starting to hate it, and i'm wondering why they would ever make a phone with such weak hardware.

hopefully i'm getting my upgrade this xmas, so, yeah, i'm so frustrated trying to run one of my favorite programs - slidescreen - because it brings my whole phone down to a halt almost.

just out of frustration, someone help me up the cpu! (i don't want to brick it, though)

4. Deed

Deed Member

hey i was reading ur post and wondering did u ever found out how to over clock ur moment... i have the moment and getting bore of it myself, and what rom are u or was u running at the time u posted this....

5. edp

edp Well-Known Member

theres an app called setcpu that allows u to overclock. but just to warn you, if you overclock your moment, it will blow up on your ear while you're talking, just like the droid

Deed likes this.
  6. gmjlopez

gmjlopez Well-Known Member

From what I have heard the Moment is overclocked from the factory to 800mhz. That's why it isn't stable to overclock.