• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Oxygen OS (Android 5.0.2) released for download

CafeKampuchia

Android Expert
Dec 8, 2011
Pursat, Cambodia
READ THIS FIRST:
After downloading "oxygenos_1.0.0.zip" you will notice that it contains a folder with two files:
  • oxygenos_1.0.0_flashable.mdf
  • oxygenos_1.0.0_flashable.zip
Extract the oxygenos_1.0.0_flashable.zip first, then copy it to the SD card, wipe, flash, etc.

Just a weeeee bit late. :eek:

https://oneplus.net/de/oxygenos

• Screen-off gestures like double-tap to wake, music controls, and shortcuts for the camera and flashlight
  • Hardware and software navigation keys
  • Quick settings feature, tiles can be added, removed, and re-organized
  • Their own file manager, though it's pretty buggy ATM (see below).

Missing features:
  • Privacy guard
  • Double tap to sleep
  • Display color settings
  • Theming support
  • Custom camera app (uses Google camera app)
  • MaxxAudio and Swiftkey (coming in a future update)
rom_three.png
rom_one.png
rom_two.png

Installation steps:
Please make sure all your data and files are backed up before commencing. Flashing OxygenOS onto CM does require a system wipe, so you will lose all of your data. We are actively working on an easier, more automated solution soon to be available, but for now the build must be flashed manually.

Please proceed only if you are confident in your abilities to flash a custom ROM. This guide exists to help you flash OxygenOS, but things can still go wrong if not followed correctly. While rooting and flashing will not void your OnePlus warranty, any damage caused by improper flashing is not covered under warranty.

The following instructions assume you have Fastboot and ADB installed.

Step 1
You first need to flash a recovery onto your device. We recommend using TWRP. Please download the recovery image to your computer. You can follow their instructions to flash recovery, or you can reference these steps:

Boot into fastboot mode. You can do this on your OnePlus One by holding down the power button and the volume up button. When you see the fastboot logo, connect your device to your computer.

In your terminal window, find the folder where you put the recovery image and run the following commands:

fastboot oem unlock (You can skip this step if your phone’s bootloader is already unlocked).
fastboot flash recovery <recovery.img>. Image file should be the TWRP recovery image.
fastboot reboot

You should now have the recovery installed.

Step 2
Copy oxygenos_1.0.0.flashable.zip to your phone. On a Mac, you can use Android File Transfer.

Step 3
Boot into recovery. You can do this on your OnePlus One by holding down both the volume down key and the power button.

Step 4
Once you are in the recovery interface, the first thing you want to do is a factory reset. Again, you will lose all your data so please make sure you have backed up everything before doing this.

Step 5
After the wipe, go to install and find oxygenos_1.0.0.flashable.zip. Confirm flash. This will flash OxygenOS onto your device.

Step 6
After the flash succeeds, you can reboot the device, which will take you to the new OxygenOS. Enjoy!

If you find yourself wanting to rollback to CM, Make sure you have TWRP or CM recovery on the device. Another factory reset will be needed before flashing unfortunately so make sure you backup all of you data.
Source

Rooting Instructions:
  • Just like CM11s, download SuperSU-v2.xx.zip to your SD card and flash from recovery.
Known issues:
  • When printing images, printer service may stop
  • Cannot hang up a call using headphone controls (intermittent)
  • OTG can only recognize FAT32 file system
  • During system update, display of wifi/data notification may be incorrect
  • During system update, display of version number may be incorrect
  • Files sometimes crash when uploading files to the cloud
  • Files may crash when renaming image files
  • Files does not support multi-select deletes
4k video is also non-functional with Google camera.

Last edited:
I'm just backing up, and making sure theres a decent way of reverting to 11s before I hit the button....

.... or I might give it a go, and fly onto the CM12 nightlys or dither about until the cm12s is out.

Haven't got there yet, so not sure if I'm going to use this let... but it looks like the pieces are coming together.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-how-to-revert-back-to-cm11s-from-oxygen-guide.290605/

Plans on freeze at the moment, as I have an 8 year old, bouncing around the house who's on a chocolate related high at the moment, which isn't really the right time to start messing around with this sort of stuff

Upvote 0
I'm just backing up, and making sure theres a decent way of reverting to 11s before I hit the button....

.... or I might give it a go, and fly onto the CM12 nightlys or dither about until the cm12s is out.

If you are interested in going to CM12 you will have to flash the firmware for it. If you want to go back to CM11s after being on CM12, you would have to flash the older firmware as well. If that is something you would like to do, shoot me a PM if you can't find it. I do not want to clutter this thread.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0
If you are interested in going to CM12 you will have to flash the firmware for it. If you want to go back to CM11s after being on CM12, you would have to flash the older firmware as well. If that is something you would like to do, shoot me a PM if you can't find it. I do not want to clutter this thread.
Both OxygenOS and CM12 automatically flash the modem/firmware. The only thing you have to manually flash is the modem when reverting from either one back to CM11/CM11s.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0
And here I am... in Oxygen v1.0.0 and android version 5.0.2

And its a very clean look... without some of the frills and whistles from CM11S, but seems to be very smooth.
I've put Nova Launcher on top of it, to make me feel at home and now all I need is to tweak it to make it feel like home again and throw on some apps.

Upvote 0
Coming from a stock Nexus 5 I'm fine with Oxygen OS, the official forums are a painful read right now as users don't seem to get what barebones Android is like.

I had an issue with the clock app that was fixed by clearing data on the app itself. Otherwise it runs like lightning with no issues as far as I'm concerned :)

Of course I'll be trying out CM12 as soon as I can get my hands on it, that's the beauty of TWRP and backups!

Upvote 0
Both OxygenOS and CM12 automatically flash the modem/firmware. The only thing you have to manually flash is the modem when reverting from either one back to CM11/CM11s.

Thanks for the info. Just to make sure I am not terribly outdated, was this change somewhat recent? Like in the past 2 weeks? I haven't flashed a rom for 2 weeks so I have not been keeping up to date with the threads over @ XDA.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones