packet data connection not working..Support

1. Amagad

Amagad Member

Hey, i have a problem with packet data. it's not working
    it's been off for a while and when i wanted to activate it, it didn't work. i tried rebooting, restoring factory defaults and the problem is not with the APN.
    i need help please. thanks :)

Advertisement
  2. Brian566

Brian566 Well-Known Member

Ask it to find available networks in the same settings as packet data when found pick the one you are on I had the same problem but cured it it seems as it does not know your 3G network
  3. Amagad

Amagad Member

I just tried that and it didn't work.
  4. Andima

Andima Well-Known Member

Do you get/added GPRS settings? If not call your carrier customer care and request or some Carrier allow user to get settings via web.
  5. Amagad

Amagad Member

Yes i already requested them and installed them. :(
  6. Marcha

Marcha Well-Known Member

Did you use mobile internet / packet data before, and did it work properly before? If not, although you did get the settings, there still might be something wrong. Reason why I'm saying this is that my own provider gave me the wrong settings several times. Only after checking all over on the internet I managed to find the right ones.
  7. Amagad

Amagad Member

yes, it was active before and it worked fine. i was depending on Wi-Fi for a while and stopped using the packet data, then suddenly it stopped activating.
  8. Andima

Andima Well-Known Member

I don't know this is the correct answer, sometimes my phone those settings automatically changed, (few restarts or ...) at that time i can't connect to the internet. So better thing is delete all the "GPRS settings" and again request them. :p
  9. yashwantsirohi

yashwantsirohi New Member

hey im usin galaxy ace s5830 before routing it the data connection speed n stability was fabulous bt after routing d speed sucks.. im from india n using tata docomo gsm..
    had tried all d option lyk internet settings, APN ,restore ,hard reset, unrooting bt d speed is not boosted up n data connection is droping continuously after each minute while downloading n uploading too.. n also suffering from ERROR 497.. help me plzz...
    yash_miracle@yahoo
  10. Same problem,tata docomo gsm here too. But sometimes it gets all good. But again sometimes only green arrow gets lighted up and no connection.
  11. tharun reddy

tharun reddy New Member

Bro i too have the same problem as u , been using the internet for a long time , used wifi for a short time , and now my data connection is not working , !
    If u have found any solution , please suggest !