• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

zuben el genub

Extreme Android User
Jan 24, 2011
Besides a bad update, what would cause a paid app to tell you you need to buy it?

Had this happen on Acer A500 (ICS) tablet. What was weird is that it only affected Green Mountain Digital. I have other paid birding, astronomy, etc, apps and none of them refused to open or tell me to buy. The Green Mountain Digital has not had a recent update at least on Google (I update manually) and I only installed one solitaire game. If that game was going to interfere with other apps, you would think that ALL paid apps would refuse to open. Even uninstalling and redownloading from Play where apps are marked purchased didn't help. I asked GMD, and they said policy hadn't changed.

Only change was GMD changed name to Nature Share.

Tablet has been just fine since update to ICS. Disabled all the crap I didn't want, installed my apps and left tablet alone. Only install updates on notification. Finally reset tablet.

Same apps on rooted Nexus S (CM9) - no problem

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones