• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pairing w/ 2011 Audi Q5 Phonebook Problem

HenryKrinkle

May 25, 2010
Even though this is likely a problem with the Audi MMI rather than the Dinc, I figured I'd ask here in case anyone has encountered the following:

I have my well-organized contacts synced to my phone from Outlook. I have no problems connecting the phone via bluetooth or making/ receiving calls but my in-car phonebook is a mess.

Most notably, there are duplicates of every entry and no indication if a number is a home, business, or cell - they all show as a cell number and I have to find the correct number through processes of elimination each time I make a call. I know the car has the ability to draw such distinctions (the appropriate icons are present in the GUI) but am at a loss on how to fix this.

Anyone know of a fix or should I just learn to live with it? I asked at the Audi dealership and the salesman wasn't aware of anything I could do; he said the new droid phones were "too smart" and the car couldn't keep up. I'm not convinced he knew what he was talking about.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Even though this is likely a problem with the Audi MMI rather than the Dinc, I figured I'd ask here in case anyone has encountered the following:

I have my well-organized contacts synced to my phone from Outlook. I have no problems connecting the phone via bluetooth or making/ receiving calls but my in-car phonebook is a mess.

Most notably, there are duplicates of every entry and no indication if a number is a home, business, or cell - they all show as a cell number and I have to find the correct number through processes of elimination each time I make a call. I know the car has the ability to draw such distinctions (the appropriate icons are present in the GUI) but am at a loss on how to fix this.

Anyone know of a fix or should I just learn to live with it? I asked at the Audi dealership and the salesman wasn't aware of anything I could do; he said the new droid phones were "too smart" and the car couldn't keep up. I'm not convinced he knew what he was talking about.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Exactly my problem and huge frustration in my 2012 Q5. Any suggestions?? Anyone? I would even be willing to order the numbers in my android so at least I could say Line 2 and know that is mobile every time... Not sure if there is consistency between phone and MMI

Upvote 0
I had the same problem. Then, magically, the problem went away. Each name was unique. You had one name.. If you brought it up and clicked on it, you would then see the 2 or three entries (home, mobile, work). I could say Dial John smith mobile and it would work!!!

then..

today, it all went away. I am back to each phone for each person having an entry. So there are three john smiths.

what does this say? It says that MMI is capable.. but I cannot for the life of me get it to go back to the good way it was working yesterday. I have deleted profiles. reset the bluetooth ...everything..

I am stumped.

any ideas out there????

ps I have the android galaxy skyrocket.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones