• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Palm Pre to HTC Hero

What's up fellas?

Been on sprint for about two years. When I first contracted for Sprint, I was excited for the Palm Pre, Palm's come-back-kid.

Big mistake on my part.

At first it didn't have all the features I wanted. Then after about a year, the first one started having problems. Messing up on me constantly(i.e. volume rocker, keypad, on/off button, etc.) Thanks for the insurance I pay for I was able to get one after another.

In one year, I went through 4 Palm Pres. The last 2 being within a month of each other. Then not even a week after receiving my last refurb Pre, it messed up on me once again.
confused.gif

So, instead of getting another Pre, I opted for the Hero because I am definitely going to invest in an EVO so i thought I'd get myself used to the Android platform. Had it for about a month now and loving every bit of it.
Look forward to roaming these forums daily!
icon14.gif

In theory it's difficult with most phones to completely brick it and void the warranty. If you opt to root the phone and install a custom ROM, all you need to do is restore the factory ROM and unroot before returning the phone to the carrier and it's highly unlikely that they'd ever find out.

Half the fun is customizing the phone to the extent that you are comfortable with customizing it...

Reactions: BolivianBeast89
Upvote 0
In theory it's difficult with most phones to completely brick it and void the warranty. If you opt to root the phone and install a custom ROM, all you need to do is restore the factory ROM and unroot before returning the phone to the carrier and it's highly unlikely that they'd ever find out.

Half the fun is customizing the phone to the extent that you are comfortable with customizing it...

A-Rootin' I shall go, then!
happy.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones