Palmary Weather Question

Last Updated:

1. Dabrador

Dabrador Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just downloaded the Palmary weather app and really like it. Nice graphics and appears to be very accurate.

Here's the question...

On the bottom of the 'Now' tab, there's a list of what appears to be nearby cities with their current conditions. Whenever you select one of those, the conditions appear on the main screen but my current location name doesn't change. How do I know what the most accurate conditions are for my actual area.

I e-mailed the developer but haven't heard from them. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks all.

Advertisement
  2. iPhone2Droid

iPhone2Droid Well-Known Member

Not sure if this answers your precise question but ... I just manually added my location, plus some other locations (via zip code) in which I am interested. Works like a charm.

3. Dabrador

Try this and tell me what happens...

Go to your Now tab and choose a different location at the bottom of the screen. The conditions should change but does your primary location name stay the same?

4. motiond

motiond Active Member

Mine doesnt change either when I select a new station!

5. Dabrador

Thanks for the confirmation. It appears that this is a bug that needs fixed. I guess I'll wait to hear from the developer.

6. esocid

esocid Well-Known Member

I don't see this as a bug, but deliberate, the dev would be in a better position to say though. When you scroll through the locations, the name of the station remains at the bottom above the icon, and your current location remains at the top. He could probably make a clearer distinction, but I like how it displays both. Especially because I have multiple locations in there, and it starts up at whatever screen you last had up, and I know what location I have set.

7. TKazNC

TKazNC Member

Noticed this too and emailed the dev on Tuesday, still no response. I also noted that the 15 Day tab has a quirk in the listing of days. For instance there is a today forecast, tomorrow and then Friday. Well, today is Thursday so tomorrow should be Friday which means Friday is listed twice. Once as tomorrow and then again as Friday.

Anyone else notice the quirk?

8. Dabrador

You're right...don't know if Friday's weather is listed twice or if the entire string is off by one day. Good catch. Hopefully developer will respond quickly to fix these bugs.

9. Froid

Froid Well-Known Member

Just downloaded this app and can't seem to get it to work. Whenever I search for a location to add I get nothing but "No locations found," no matter what city I enter. Anyone else have this problem and a solution?

10. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

I'm noticing mine is down at the moment as in it won't load anything up and force closes.....

11. e23nk1

e23nk1 Well-Known Member

Yea...mine lists as "No data available"...been like that since this morning I think.
    Just figured it was me...lol...am a new Droider so I was bound to break something...haha.

12. CegAbq

CegAbq Well-Known Member

Mine's been down since yesterday morning & is still down

13. Motormech

Motormech Well-Known Member

In the Market the Dev commented that they underestimated its popularity and the app exceeded the server, but thy were working on a solution.

14. Robodroido

Robodroido Member

DEAR USERS OF PALMARY WEATHER! We did not expect that our program will be so popular. Our web server has been suspended by hoster because of overload. That is why you were not able to make weather updates. We are working extremely hard on it and will try to make sure that this problem will not recur. Please be patient. Thanks in advance. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

PPPPPP

Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

16. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

Saw that there is an update available today. I installed it and noticed that it now refreshes much faster... Great job, Palmary!

17. PalmarySoft

PalmarySoft Member

Hi, I'm the developer of Palmary Weather.
    Thanks for interest to our program.

The spam filter of our mail server has blocked some emails, but now I think I have answered to all of them. I will be glad to answer on all your questions here or by mail: palmarysoft@gmail.com

Sorry if I will be not clear enough. I live in Russia and my English is not as good as it should be:)

Andrey Mel'nikov

18. ttocsm

ttocsm Member

Thank you for the great APP, I just downloaded the newest update this morning, but still have the issue of it forecasting, Today, then Tomorrow, then Monday on the 15 day. today is Sunday. Please tell me I get an extra Sunday this week:D, and not 2 Mondays!!! :eek:
    Other than this one issue. this is a great addition to my Droid, and I use it every day.

19. Eurosteve

Eurosteve Well-Known Member

I have this same problem. (Today is Sunday, March 7.) The screen for my city shows: Today, Tomorrow, Monday Mar 8, Tuesday Mar 9, and so on. As you can see, tomorrow and Monday are the same day. Interestingly enough, the daytime temperatures show as the same but the night time temperatures are different. Thanks for taking a look at this!

20. DroidDale

DroidDale New Member

Thanks for the great weather app. Is there a way you can give us the ability to zoom in on the weather graphics? Sometimes it is a little tough to read.

Thanks

21. PalmarySoft

PalmarySoft Member

We are working on this.

22. PalmarySoft

PalmarySoft Member

Our program is just a wrapper around the data which are provided by CustomWeather Inc. Unfortunately current quality of maps is the best that CustomWeather provides to us. I have asked their technical support about improving the quality of maps and waiting for respond.

23. thrifty

thrifty Well-Known Member

I just downloaded this and so far I like much better then "weather channel" keep up the good work. :)

24. PalmarySoft

PalmarySoft Member

We are working on widget for PRO version. If you have any suggesions regarding design/size/functionality of widget post it here or to palmarysoft@gmail.com.

25. e23nk1

e23nk1 Well-Known Member

My Palmary weather still doesnt work...I am still getting "No Data available". I downloaded it last Tuesday (Mar 2)..didnt receive any updates.
    Should I un-install and try re-installing?
    Thanks for the help.