• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Parental control "APP" on Amazon Tablet?

jaa042464

Lurker
Mar 5, 2023
Hello. I have an Amazon Fire 10 Generation 9 tablet with OS 7.3.2.7 with the Parental Control features turned on. It's a long story, but I would rather not also use the Child Profile(Amazon Kids) function of the tablet. However, I'd like to limit the violence, obscenity, and mature content that can be accessed by children on the web, in games, etc.. Can anyone recommend an app that can handle this? Thank you.

Hello. I have an Amazon Fire 10 Generation 9 tablet with OS 7.3.2.7 with the Parental Control features turned on. It's a long story, but I would rather not also use the Child Profile(Amazon Kids) function of the tablet. However, I'd like to limit the violence, obscenity, and mature content that can be accessed by children on the web, in games, etc.. Can anyone recommend an app that can handle this? Thank you.
don't own a child......LOL but try these suggestions:

Upvote 0
No worries. Come back and tell us which one you ended up with and why you like it.
I've decided to go with Mobicip "Lite" version. It seems there are a couple of good free ones out there, such as Kaspersky Safe Kids and Google Family Link, but they are not compatible with Amazon Fire. I'm primarily concerned with web/app filtering and blocking, and Mobicip "Lite" for $2.99 per month seems to fit the bill.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones