Pathetically confused.

Last Updated:

1. PaulWilks

PaulWilks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello. I have a HTC Hero running the 1.5 OS. Obviously everywhere people are talking about 1.6. What I would like to know is 1)Is it actually released yet? (1b Is this release just for app developers?) and 2) How do I get hold of it and upgrade?

Huge thanks in advance, I appreciate this is probably quite basic... :)

Advertisement
  2. happyally

happyally Active Member

It should start being released on Oct.19 in the UK and it will be downloaded automatically to the phone

3. zukini

zukini Well-Known Member

As you have the Hero you will have to wait a little longer HTC need to do some work to it first. It will be available everntually either via an update sent to your phone or on the HTC website.

4. docal

docal Member

What's new with 1.6? Thanks,
    Docal

5. PaulWilks

PaulWilks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is 1.6 available yet? I haven't received an update prompt yet. The HTC support page isn't particularly forthcoming with info...

6. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

HTC has to adapt the Sense UI to Donut (1.6) before you can use it. If not then you would lose Sense and all of its added function. It's not a simple layover to Android, it's in the framework so it will take some time. If you research HTC's TouchFlo (for WinMo) you will see they have never upgraded it to a newer WinMo version for older devices, instead they wait until they release a new device to put it in. I suppose its a marketing tool to get current owners to upgrade to a newer model. If you are into the dev community over at www.forum.xda-developers.com then you might find it ported for the Hero from whatever new device gets 1.6 with Sense, but right now they don't have anything with it so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Sorry for the bad news.