• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Patriot Signature MicroSD 32gb won't read

HolySafari

Sep 10, 2012
Hi, I have a problem with my patriot signature microsd 32gb on my 16gb Samsung Galaxy SIII which I use as a music and picture storage for my music player and camera
The phone is rooted and is running stock ROM and kernel

The problem:
1)when transferring music files while the sd card is in the phone, using a usb and explorer method of copying and pushing sometimes the write protected warning pops up, other times the file would copy but I could not find it in my music player/gallery, other times the file is present for a period of time but after a restart of my phone the file disappears.

NOTE: However, files that I have transferred using the microsd adapter and directly through the computer does not change at all.

2)On the default camera I have set up the external sd card as the default location for pictures, but when I take a picture sometimes the warning that "sd card cannot be located and default storage is changed back into phone"

What I attempted:
I thought it was a formatting problem and so I tried to format the sd card using both my phone and pc into the phone's desired FAT32 format,
but the problem persists.
I have also inserted the sd card into the adapter and put the write protected switch up thinking it was a permissions problem

Is it a faulty card? or am I doing something wrong?

Additional Note:
1)I have both ES file explorer and Root explorer and when I attempt to change the permission on my external sd card which usually appears in ES file explorer as "rwx-rwx-r(blank)x" it always fails

2)When opening the gallery and trying to view some of the photos saved in the external sd card, it would appears as unable to load and just a black screen.

3)I also export playlists from itunes in m3u format and puts it in a playlist folder in the sd card but it would never appear when I try to see it in a file explorer, although using poweramp I can import the list, but the old ones that I have placed on the card is also present unable to find them or delete them in either the phone or the pc

I have really became desperate trying to solve this problem
Please help me :(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones