PC boots sometimes..

Last Updated: 2013-01-22 03:36:02
  1. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with 4GB of RAM running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

After this one update from Microsoft, my computer will only boot in safe modes (every kind of safe mode) and after a reboot it will boot back into regular windows fine, install a update and fail to boot again. It hangs at a blank screen with the mouse after the bootanimation is done.

Which update is it? I don't know yet because I just figured out now that it's not booting because of an update.

Read updates in thread.

Advertisement
  2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog VIP Member

yep yep thats the M$ I memeber from my Winblow days. Glad I got Linux. So get your mind right and Get Linux :D
  3. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I have linux installed as well :p need windows for other things...
    Well I installed a different update and guess what? It still fails to boot...hmm. Just a blank screen and a mouse.
  4. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Rebooted into safe mode and this time got an Update Error, reverting changes....hmm. Wonder why updates are failing so badly...
  5. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

This looks promising:
    Error codes

Method 1 has an automatic fix it tool and it just fixed 2 errors :D

[​IMG]
  6. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter! Moderator

What is the version number of the working drivers versus the problem ones

EDIT: Somewhat ninja'd...
  7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Read the newer posts, the error was windows update itself. It had a database error.........

Yea, I seem to fix things myself when I think out loud...:eek:

Gonna try updating again and see what happens.
  8. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

If anything maybe it installed the wrong drivers for your wireless card.

I know that this has happened to me and literally caused the exact same problem lol :p

I found the right drivers online and installed them overtop of what windows did and everything went back to normal.