• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pc not seeing phone

gregg1100

Android Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2012
South Wales
Both of my S3's (rooted with Resurrection Remix, with MM 6.0.1 )and wife's S4 (rooted with RR, with MM 6.0.1 ) is not recognised when plugged into USB2 on pc.
So bloody frustrating when Note 4 hooks up right away- stock.
I plug usb lead into phone and pc, but naff all turns up. If galaxy 3 0r 4 does show up on pc, then there is nothing in file.
I cannot add or delete any files till phone is recognised. Tried deleting drivers, then restarting pc with phone hooked up.
Any ideas please

With Marshmallow, the default USB mode is charge only. When you plug in your phones you should be able to pull down the notification bar and select USB options which will allow you to choose MTP mode. Be advised that in stock Android, this is not a remembered setting. You'll have to do it each time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones