• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PDANet and Foxfi

Got a HECK of a shock today!

Been using pdanet+ w/FoxFi for Sprint/ATT for a couple of weeks. (Paid for Versions).

Imagine my surprise when my data plan bill was for OVER 29Gb of usage! Must not be doing something right. Any help out there?

G4 Active SGH-i537 on ATT. Rooted with GeoHot and Titanium backup. SU works.

Thanks,

Jim Stinson

Upvote 0

Been using pdanet+ w/FoxFi for Sprint/ATT for a couple of weeks. (Paid for Versions).

Imagine my surprise when my data plan bill was for OVER 29Gb of usage! Must not be doing something right. Any help out there?

Thanks,

Jim Stinson

Sounds like you were using the data, isn't that what PDAnet is for?

Upvote 0

Thanks,

Jim Stinson
You do know that PDANet/FoxFi uses the data from your phone but lets you tether? It's not free internet. So if you're not on unlimited data, any overages, you pay.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones