• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

People with no issues with 2.2 check in

I have had no issues at all.. and I am stiil rooted. I used EasyRoot before the update. I left it on and updated, low and behold it is still there. One down side is that it cannot be unrooted with the app. I can live with that for now.

All is running great. My daughters DX is running great as well. No issues to speak of either.

Upvote 0
I don't seem to have any issues. I had installed the leak, flashed back to 2.1, then received the OTA Saturday evening. I'm rooted now as well, mainly for the better memory/battery management that can be achieved.

EDIT: I found that I still have a problem with my photos being deleted with USB PC Mode connectivity. However, that isn't specifically a 2.2 issue, but one that should have been fixed IMO. Zapped all of my recent vacation photos (which, fortunately, have been backed up).

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm confused, but I thought a forum was where you came to air your problems, grievances, ask questions, etc. and try and get some help and feedback, am I wrong? Complaining to seek solutions is not "whining", complaining just to annoy might be. Just my thoughts :) Oh, and no, I haven't had any issues with the Froyo update on my Droid X.

Upvote 0
Ok I'm tied of people whining about I'm glad I didn't get it or im waiting for the bugs to be fixed. So this thread is for the people that don't have an issue

Woot!

Add me to the no problems list. I'm not thrilled with swype yet but it's getting better as I keep fiddling with the settings. Also getting better battery life. I think those with problems possibly didn't wait patiently and let it do it's thing while updating, like pulling the battery before it finished or had previously tinkered with root or the leaked 2.2.

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm confused, but I thought a forum was where you came to air your problems, grievances, ask questions, etc. and try and get some help and feedback, am I wrong? Complaining to seek solutions is not "whining", complaining just to annoy might be. Just my thoughts :)

Complaining to seek answers is perfectly acceptable and desirable.

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm confused, but I thought a forum was where you came to air your problems, grievances, ask questions, etc. and try and get some help and feedback, am I wrong? Complaining to seek solutions is not "whining", complaining just to annoy might be. Just my thoughts :) Oh, and no, I haven't had any issues with the Froyo update on my Droid X.

I'm guessing the OP is referring to the many posts of "LoL glad I stuck with the leaked 2.2 instead of going to the trouble of getting the OTA because it has nothing but problems...LOlLoLLOLlolLoL!!1!11" and not so much people using the forums to resolve their issues.

No problems here, how do I get my check in points?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones