Perm Root but S still on?

Last Updated:

1. Madwolf27

Madwolf27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Maybe I am missing something, but I thought you had to have S=off for a persistant root? I have S=on AND a persistent root through visionary. It was ... odd. I did not turn off fast boot originally and the temp root severely lagged my phone. I killed the lag after disabling and re-enabling debugging, then ran the perm root. I have even pulled the battery, and the root is still there. Or maybe I am misreading things and s=off is completely separate than a persistent root?

Advertisement
  2. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

i believe they are different. You are using a temp root. In order to do a perm root you have a LOT more to do. I am in the same boat with the lag now. After a few minutes of loading the phone seems to fly again. Not too sure ill be doing a full blown perm root since this does exactly what i need.

3. Madwolf27

But it was my understanding that a temp root went away on a restart?

4. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

it does kinda... The new version of visionary r14 gives you the option to stay on when rebooted. Its a little check mark. I dont know how they do it but it works. If you want to completely remove the root they have an option to unroot at the bottom. I personally just do a factory reset.

This is exactly what i did.

Every time i reboot i still have root only issue is i have to remove all the crap apps each time using titanium.

5. Madwolf27

But, see, I did NOT check that box. It is still not checked.

6. n1oty

n1oty Member

After using Visionary for temp root, I also noticed this brief lag (usually shortly after starting up). I used SETCPU from the market to set the processor for "Performance", rather than "On Demand" and my lag disappears immediately.

John