• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Perm Root but S still on?

Madwolf27

Feb 20, 2010
Maybe I am missing something, but I thought you had to have S=off for a persistant root? I have S=on AND a persistent root through visionary. It was ... odd. I did not turn off fast boot originally and the temp root severely lagged my phone. I killed the lag after disabling and re-enabling debugging, then ran the perm root. I have even pulled the battery, and the root is still there. Or maybe I am misreading things and s=off is completely separate than a persistent root?

it does kinda... The new version of visionary r14 gives you the option to stay on when rebooted. Its a little check mark. I dont know how they do it but it works. If you want to completely remove the root they have an option to unroot at the bottom. I personally just do a factory reset.

This is exactly what i did.

II. Temp Root the Phone

1. Download the latest Visionary rooting app from here:
Modaco Visionary Rooting App
2. Plug in your phone via USB [COLOR=#00C800 ! important][COLOR=#00C800 ! important]Cable[/COLOR][/COLOR] and mount the sd card so you can transfer files to it.
3. Copy the .apk file to the root of the SD card in your phone (NOT in any folders just on the SD card itself).
4. Unplug the phone.
5. On the phone go to Settings > [COLOR=#00C800 ! important][COLOR=#00C800 ! important]Applications[/COLOR][/COLOR] > Development > Make sure USB Debugging is Checked ON and Fastboot is checked OFF (if it is an option).
6. Go to the Market and download a file [COLOR=#00C800 ! important][COLOR=#00C800 ! important]manager[/COLOR][/COLOR] (the free Linda File Manager is recommended).
7. Open the file manager app and locate the .apk file on the sd card and click it.
8. Follow the instructions to install it.
9. Once installed, open Visionary and check ON temp root after reboot, and check ON System R/W after Root. Then click TempRoot and wait for it to finish.
10. Once it is done with the TempRoot, open the Visionary again (if it closed itself) and click Attempt PermRoot. Click Allow when it asks for permissions. The phone will [COLOR=#00C800 ! important][COLOR=#00C800 ! important]reboot[/COLOR][/COLOR] and it will take a long time. Be patient.
11. Once it is done, turn off the phone, take out the battery, wait 10 seconds, put the battery back in and turn the phone back on. If when it turns back on you have the Superuser permissions app still in your app drawer, you still have root and it worked. Enjoy!

Every time i reboot i still have root only issue is i have to remove all the crap apps each time using titanium.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones