• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phantom charging

madastrota

Lurker
Feb 13, 2013
Here's a weird one:
For the past two days my Samsung SCH-R720 has taken up this inexplicable habit in which every few minutes or so it will give off two quick vibrations, as if it's just received a text or was just plugged into the charger. When I go to check it, no text has been received and the display indicates that the phone is charging even though it isn't plugged in. This happens constantly throughout the day so I'm constantly checking for texts and getting nothing but annoyance. Restarting the phone didn't fix it.
This really sucks because if someone IS texting me for something important I want to be able to respond right away but constantly having to check it for no reason is a ridiculous waste of time. I hope someone can help me determine a solution.
Thanks!

May not be the phone - apparently lots of people (including me) 'feel' phantom rings and vibrations from their phone even when they don't actually have their phone on them. Something to do with being too eager to use our toys.

Does the phone make these noises / vibrations when it's sat on a table?

No, it's not the phantom vibration (I get those, too)...yes, it's sitting on a table vibrating away. And as I mentioned before, the display indicates that it's charging because it says "Charging" and shows the percentage of charge. Also the battery icon at the top shows the charge symbol. It can't be charging itself, can it? I guess that would be nice even though the constant buzzing is still annoying.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones