• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Philly PA checking in...

ls1ssws6

Dec 13, 2008
Hey guys, Im new to Tmobile and the G1 but fell in love in one day! I had helio, and hated how they never upgraded or got new phones. So i switched to Sprint and got the HTC touch pro which is an awsome phone BUT its really hard to figure out and it geared towards the business person more. Heard some good things bout the G1 so i thought Id try it out. I bought it yesterday afternoon and love it so far, reception seems good, big screen is easy to use, and SOOO MANY FREE APPS FROM ANDROID!!!!!!

Only thing im not fond of is that there is no video or flash....also the camera says 3.2mp but it doesnt seem anywhere close to what my touch pros 3.2 was :thinking: and it doesnt seems like there is a lot of camera options/settings? can anyone help me with that?

Either way this phone gets 2 huge thumbs up so far... :D

is it true that android will be going to all different wireless companies and not stick to Tmobile? Will it be on any phone or what? I love the android and the platform the G1 is on BUT i would LOVE to have a video camera with flash....do you know if there will be an upgraded G1 with video/flash?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones