• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone and PC dont see each other, wont pair

txheart0711

Jun 16, 2011
My Samsung 3 (SCH-I535) is not seeing/connecting to my pc. I run on a Windows 7 laptop. Using the USB cable, the computer doesn't show the phone and I don't get a message on the phone saying I'm paired. They just don't "see" each other. Incidentally, moving the usb cable while it's plugged into the phone will turn off/on the charging. It's like it doesnt have a good connection.

I decided to try bluetooth. I turned on the bluetooth on my phone and tried to follow the directions found on multiple websites to pair a bluetooth device with my pc, but every single one of the instructions said something that I couldnt find. For example, one said to go to Start, then My Network Places - no such thing. Another said Start, Control Panel, Hardware and Sound (for a bluetooth device? okay ... ), then to right click Bluetooth - there is no bluetooth option to right click. I even bought one of these things that you can take out your card and plug into an adapter for an old phone, but if I'm not mistaken these dont even have a card to plug into it. How the heck can I get these 2 devices paired? Any advice is sincerely appreciated.
Ky

Incidentally, moving the usb cable while it's plugged into the phone will turn off/on the charging. It's like it doesnt have a good connection.
It doesn't. Your USB port came loose from the PC board. Every time you wiggle it to make a connection, you make a little spark. Eventually all those sparks will carbonize enough of the board that you'll need a new board, instead of just a solder job. Get it fixed fast.

How the heck can I get these 2 devices paired? Any advice is sincerely appreciated.
If you mean just to transfer files, Wifi File Transfer. Run it on the phone and it'll give you an address to put into your computer browser to connect to the phone.

If you mean adb, try ADB Wireless by Henry.

Both apps are free at the Play store.

Upvote 0
It doesn't. Your USB port came loose from the PC board. Every time you wiggle it to make a connection, you make a little spark. Eventually all those sparks will carbonize enough of the board that you'll need a new board, instead of just a solder job. Get it fixed fast.

If you mean just to transfer files, Wifi File Transfer. Run it on the phone and it'll give you an address to put into your computer browser to connect to the phone.

If you mean adb, try ADB Wireless by Henry.

Both apps are free at the Play store.
Okay, thank you, heading to play store now. The charger cable does the connect/disconnect whether it is plugged into the wall outlet or the computer usb so I'm hoping it's the charger or the phone port, not the computer port. OUCH!

Upvote 0
Okay, thank you, heading to play store now. The charger cable does the connect/disconnect whether it is plugged into the wall outlet or the computer usb so I'm hoping it's the charger or the phone port, not the computer port. OUCH!
It took me a couple installs/uninstalls to find one that would let me upload 39 files, but I found one. I now have my audiobook on my phone, thank you very much!

Upvote 0
I live in Africa and we have very limited broadband cover. Pairing and sync-ing via USB is essential and I am using Airdroid for this. It does use USB as well. It could be an alternative solution for you.

USB ports that randomly connects/disconnects............that is a hardware issue that can be caused by your cable or the USB port itself. On my iPhone, even had it tell me that my (Genuine Apple) USB cable was not an Apple-supported device!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones