• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone App force closes on opening

MustangLife

Jan 5, 2015
Starting today my phone app is crashing. I can still take incoming calls and I can call out through contacts along with visual voicemail. Everything else seems to be working.

I have tried the usual reboots, turn airplane mode off and on and back off. Along with deleting cache and data from the Phone app in settings. No app blockers or anything are installed.

I received a update a few weeks back so I don't think it was a recent change but something happened.

Phone info...

Current Version V1.0.0B12
Last Updated 06:51 11/28/2016

System Update (Shows its available)
Storage Card updates says I can copy update package tp root directory on storage card but it says storage card updates failed, can't find update package on storage card.

Which is weird. I got video calling and the data messages a few weeks back and it shows B12 but is there another update I don't have that's not allowing "Phone App" to actual load

I had the same problem a few days ago. I tried to open the phone app and it crashed several times. Restarted phone and the same thing. Kept trying to open it cause I really needed to make a call but eventually it worked.

As far as the storage card update I think is totally unrelated. I believe it's an option that came with B14 but is for future updates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones