• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone app modification

So what I wanted to do was change the lg default background during a phone call to the android stock gradient as i prefer the look of it better. I extracted the phone.apk out of the /system/app directory and found that the gradiant images are already there. so my question is, why is the phone not using these images and how do i change it so it does. My first thought was a metamorph theme that only changed the phone app but seeing as the images are already there i guess theres no point.

well i made a metamorph theme to modify the phone.apk only and used the gradient i extracted in it. it applys but doesnt actually change it. it still shows the default lg color. does your luna theme actually change the phone call background? if so i could start with that instead

Edit- Well i applied the phone.apk part of the luna2 theme as it has a phone call background and it looks as if there is a slightly smaller rectangle than the size of the screen the same color as the default over top of the luna backgroung because i can see the outer edges. is there something else i should be editing to get the background to show during a phone call?

Upvote 0
snap20100912214253.png

See how there is that grey around the contact image that seems to be covering up the background, which can be seem as a thin line around the left and right?

I think this grey is to blame, I am currently looking for the png for it so we can replace it with a transparency, I looked in the luna theme for phone.apk and it does add backgrounds, they just seem to be covered up, this may be in some other apk Ill try and nail; it down

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones