• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone bugs since contract ran out.

My contract ran out last month and decided to drop the payments down and keep my phone as I have never had any issues with it.

Since I did this I have had a number of little bugs and issues that I haven't had before.
The first (which has now stopped) was my home screen and lock screen changed back to the default, and happened a number of times when I changed them back to my preferred picture. Only after reinstalling my theme did this stop.

Second, the phone will sometimes while watching a video or just scrolling twitter go black and then go to the lock screen like I have pressed the side button. Just pressing the side button will unlock the phone but this does happen randomly when I'm not even holding the phone.

Third. I use one of the official covers that flap open (can't remember the name) when I open the cover to the lock screen it can take up to 10 seconds to load the lock screen. I will get the time and battery icon showing but the rest of the screen is black.

Fourth, When the phone recognises my face and opens it's self from the lock screen notifications with still show over the screen for a couple of seconds then fly off up the phone.

Has anyone else had these problems and how close to the contract running out did they happen. Is it a myth that when a contract runs out the phone is designed to start breaking to make people buy a new phone?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones