• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone call keeps cutting out on S7 (mobile network)

Bennasher

Lurker
Feb 22, 2017
Hey everyone,

I'm currently having an issue with my Samsung S7 on GiffGaff in the UK.

The problem is two-fold; first off, sometimes I'll pick up a call or ring someone and shortly after speaking to the person it all goes silent and i can't hear anything - this is the same on the other end. Sometime's it will come back but most of the time I'll need to hang up and call back, only for this to happen again.

The second issue is sometimes I receieve an incoming call and I'm unable to swipe to pick up or cancel. I'll swipe it, it will act as if it's going to do something and then it will go back to ringing, resulting in missing the call.

The strange thing is that both of these problems only really seem to occur whilst I'm at home! I've checked the signal in the area and it's full for 4g and 3g etc. and I don't seem to be experiencing any drop of signal during the call. I've tried turning on and off WiFi to see if this makes any difference but no luck. As far as I'm aware, if I make a Whatsapp/Facebook call everything is fine, it's only via the network.

I'm really stumped and would appreciate any help or suggestions you guys have!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones